Should men be stronger then their female companions?

Options

Replies

• BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    its a quick yes , but there are exceptions to the rule
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    the only thing physical I could accept my wife being better at is endurance running...because **** that.
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    I prefer that he be the strong guy......:smooched:
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    but... it was entirely about him being weaker than you... just a note.

Otherwise, maybe you've inspired him to improve himself and throw out the tampons (joking about the last part)
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Cos I just beat mine at an arm wrestle, as Ive been lifting heavy and he is devastated . . . . . . . . . . oops

If you think he was devastated before, I wonder how he feels about you making this post and including his picture? yikes.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    its a quick yes , but there are exceptions to the rule
    jamieeason1.jpg
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter, although physiologically speaking, with a little work he should be able to out-do you easily.

And all of this "men should be manly" junk is a bunch of sexist crap. If a man is naturally effeminate, there's nothing wrong with that. People should be whatever the *kitten* they want to be, regardless of gender stereotypes.

Edited for typos.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    jamieeason1.jpg

SCHWING!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    This was never about him being weak (he isnt) this was about me getting stronger . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Just sayin . . . . . . .

I'm sorry for taking it on a tangent.....congratulations on getting stronger.
  • MrTypical
    Options
    Cos I just beat mine at an arm wrestle, as Ive been lifting heavy and he is devastated . . . . . . . . . . oops

This country has got to the point were men have become way to womanly. Men should be men. This metrosexual, weak girly man crap wouldnt play anywhere near me.

^THIS!

Manly doesn't mean strong.."girly" doesn't mean weak...imo just saying.

When talking about traditional manly manness, yes it does.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Congrats, now why don't ya arm-wrestle me up a sammich!
  • MrTypical
    Options
    It shouldn't matter, although physiologically speaking, with a little work he should be able to out-do you easily.

And all of this "men should be manly" junk is a bunch of sexist crap. If a man is naturally effeminate, there's nothing wrong with that. People should be whatever the *kitten* they want to be, regardless of gender stereotypes.

Edited for typos.

I respect your opinion, and disagree.
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats, now why don't ya arm-wrestle me up a sammich!

Ha ha ha . . . . . . . . . . . .as if. :laugh:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

Edited for typos.

I respect your opinion, and disagree.

I don't respect your opinion because you are wrong.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    My wife can beat me at thumb wrestling. I've given up on thumb curls as they don't seem to do crap and have admitted defeat in that area. I seem to do better at everything else involving strength.

I'm very ashamed.
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Think about this guys- what if you were in an accident and were no longer physically strong and able. Would you be any less of a man? Would your spouse/partner love you any less? My husband is 6'5 and well over 200 pounds. He is as masculine as it gets and still would be if he were in a wheelchair and unable to move. To me, masculinity has *nothing* to do with physical strength. It has to do with how you treat a woman, your ethics, your willingness to sacrifice for your family and your ability to command the respect of your friends. That is how I judge a real man- not by how much he can bench. :wink:
  • Sehena
    Options
    No, they shouldn't! Not if you don't want them to be! Men and women should be equals. That's exactly what I'd look for in a relationship if I wasn't still hung up over my ex.
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    No, they shouldn't! Not if you don't want them to be! Men and women should be equals. That's exactly what I'd look for in a relationship if I wasn't still hung up over my ex.

I am all about equality. Equality rules my world :drinker:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Not sure if serious......testosterone <> estrogen......never will no matter how much you want it to be.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My legs are stronger than his, but his arms are stronger than mine. We call it even, and he thinks its cute. He calls me Diesel. LOL!