PDA - Public Display of Affection

Options

Replies

• FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love it when people have sex in front of me in line at Starbucks. Makes my morning.

How bout I have sex WITH you at Starbucks? Would that be better?

**drops latte**

I guess I should be going to Starbucks rather than Dutch Brothers.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Cute little hand holding, snuggling, pecking or stuff like that doesn't bother me. However, I don't want to see people full-on making out or anything beyond that. Go to a hotel room or, hell, even your car to makeout.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I will say Im totally guilty...Ive been caught making out in public...as the OP said...when the moment happens, you sometimes wanna seize the moment.

But day to day...I think it is important to be aware of your surroundings. If a couple is flirty and kissing and giggling on the bus...fine. If his hand is up her shirt and her hand down his pants, um no. Get a room...find a car...hell...find a dark alley if you must..
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Public displays of affection - not okay with as of now because it's not equal across the board. When my brother kisses, hold hands or hugs my sister in-law in public people would go aww. When I do that will my same sex date, people go EWW, GROSS.

Yep.

You let me know when and where you'll be...I'll be cheering you on :)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I just moved from Japan to Hong Kong and in Japan couples weren't even supposed to hold hands (much less kiss) -- you would risk getting yelled at if you did. In Hong Kong, it seems like every time I get on the subway I end up standing next to a couple hugging and kissing. Also, even family/friends hold hands.

I don't care about PDA either way though -- although it does make me feel a little bit lonely when I'm alone. o_o
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,900 Member
    Options
    Public displays of affection - not okay with as of now because it's not equal across the board. When my brother kisses, hold hands or hugs my sister in-law in public people would go aww. When I do that will my same sex date, people go EWW, GROSS.
    Like most things, there is a time and a place... and the mindset of the audience, I suppose. Uncommon sense and discretion can usually avoid the EWW factor. For example, during a Pride Parade, same sex couples get away with stuff that would get hetero couples arrested any other day. Conversely, same sex dates swapping spit during an evangelist fanatic parade... not such a good idea...

I don't mind seeing public displays of affection (as opposed to lust) regardless of orientation... although, like 'i_love_vinegar' , it does make me feel a bit lonely. My soon-to-be ex-wife wasn't a fan of PDA other than holding hands while we walked... but I think she did that to make sure I was well behaved... :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I love it when people have sex in front of me in line at Starbucks. Makes my morning.

I'll meet YOU at the cream and sugar counter, hott stuff.

cream indeed...
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Time and place for everything. Use some common sense- if there is young children around keep it PG.

^this
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Public displays of affection? Fine.

Public displays of lust? Not always appropriate. An assgrab while at a club is ok. An assgrab at a funeral is not.

this
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Cute little hand holding, snuggling, pecking or stuff like that doesn't bother me. However, I don't want to see people full-on making out or anything beyond that. Go to a hotel room or, hell, even your car to makeout.

Agreed. I do the cutesy little flirty stuff with my husband, like holding hands and little pecks and whatnot, and I think it's sweet when I see other people being affectionate. But I don't need to see people gettin it on in front of my face. That's nasty! :tongue:
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options

I'll meet YOU at the cream and sugar counter, hott stuff.

haha you two crack me up i just bout spatt out my oats n yoghurt laughing so hard
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I'm pretty much as kinky as they come, but here's my standards: Hold hands, gentle hugging, peck on cheek or lips. Don't hold up traffic in the aisles with the kiss, and no tongue in public.

I get to grope his *kitten* whenever I want, that's part of the fun of our relationship, but I generally do that discreetly. It's more fun that way.
  • cottoncloud
    Options
    it all depends on the setting and what type of affection is being displayed in public . Most of the time it doesn't bother me unless they cross the line and it gets inappropriate.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I go to starbucks every morning...Im so sorry lol

i think its ok as long as it isnt too much. But I am an, in the moment kind of girl, I can barely keep my hand of of my man.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with a bit of PDA.
    A romantic kiss, playful *kitten* grab, etc.

But I think seeing couples make out is too far and anything more then that obviously.

It also depends HOW public it is...
    I've seen couples make out in a secluded part of the bark which is alright.
    But making out in the middle of the mall...? No, like c'mon.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    getting it started in public is fine with me but at the point you start to get horizontal you need to find a room. i'm just saying.

there's ALOT you can do vertically
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Keep it private. Too many of PDA's these days border on gross indecency in a public place. If people can't control it then it will have to be banned completely. Making children in public, where other children can see is a no no.
  • DocCollins_SFA
    Options
    Remember Phoebe's* little brother, Frank Jr. and his teacher/wife? Spot on example of PDA gone wrong...

A kiss, holding hands, sitting close together... all fine. Groping and moaning in a hospital waiting room... not so much.

(* "Friends" reference)

Hahaha, yes! I just saw these episodes the other day.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Hand holding is fine anywhere. A quick kiss usually is. Long hugs, sometimes. Snuggling and repetitive quick kissing can be kind of sickening to watch.

My last bf would always grab my butt in public, which I HATED. Even if there was kids around. Seeing that kind of stuff would freak me out when I was little, so it was not okay.
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it, participating or seeing it.. I think newly in love/lust people or teenagers get carried away sometimes, most of the time I think it's sweet when people kiss and cuddle. I only have had one wtf moment when I saw a man pressing his lady up against a fence kissing her with her hands above her and she was moaning so loud you could hear her across the street lol. I felt more awkward and embarassed than upset or disgusted though!