Replies

• Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like to watch. Bring on the PDA!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I personally don't care what other folks do in regards to PDA.

My husband and I hold hands, hug and kiss in public all the time. Sometimes he even pats my behind. Sometimes I pat his behind. I don't see a problem with it. It's not like we are undressing each other or anything.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    getting it started in public is fine with me but at the point you start to get horizontal you need to find a room. i'm just saying.

Yup...the problem is, people disagree on where the "time to get a room" line is.

Blatantly obvious and visible genitalia. That's the line.

I'd watch anyway.
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't mind if it's something like holding hands, hugging, and so on. Kissing is alright as long as they aren't sucking face and getting hot and heavy.

People are usually decent when outside on the streets, but when I was in high school, there would be kids practically making out in the hallways and I think /that/ is unacceptable.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on how much I'm getting at that point in my life. If I'm happy and having regular sex, go for it. If I'm not then please people, stop showing off.

Its ALL about me.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    PDA to me means a little smooch, hand holding, maybe a hug. However, ramming your tongue down someone's throat, hands roaming, etc... makes me more than a little uncomfortable...whether I see someone else engaging in it, or when a guy tries to get too familiar with me in public. My ex once tried to put his hand down my pants when we were at the movies, and I about ripped his arm out of its socket. He didn't try it again (in public) in the two years we were together.
  • BenChase
    Options
    Public displays of affection - not okay with as of now because it's not equal across the board. When my brother kisses, hold hands or hugs my sister in-law in public people would go aww. When I do that will my same sex date, people go EWW, GROSS.
    Like most things, there is a time and a place... and the mindset of the audience, I suppose. Uncommon sense and discretion can usually avoid the EWW factor. For example, during a Pride Parade, same sex couples get away with stuff that would get hetero couples arrested any other day. Conversely, same sex dates swapping spit during an evangelist fanatic parade... not such a good idea...

I don't mind seeing public displays of affection (as opposed to lust) regardless of orientation... although, like 'i_love_vinegar' , it does make me feel a bit lonely. My soon-to-be ex-wife wasn't a fan of PDA other than holding hands while we walked... but I think she did that to make sure I was well behaved... :)

while i agree with what pretty much everyone has said, this is the best thing i found to reply to, a little bit is ok,though i don't personally like too much PDA, hands,light kissing,hugs ect... is fine, however, i have had sex with my girlfriend on the couch at a party with about 20 people standing there (drinking alcohol) in a 1 bedroom appartment,it's all about the place,that was kinda public but not exactly "in public".that being said my reply to this quote is - i have alot of friends who are gay and people need to learn to mind their own damn business, if we straight people can do it you guys can too and if someone doesn't like it they can go F*** themselves.....just not in public :laugh:

edit to add that i was talking about people in general, in no way did i mean the person in the second quote, as i thought about it i figured it could be taken the wrong way. :wink:
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I think PDA is great up and to the heavy petting stage. Then it's time to take it elsewhere.
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love it when people have sex in front of me in line at Starbucks. Makes my morning.

How bout I have sex WITH you at Starbucks? Would that be better?

**drops latte**

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    With all my previous dates/BF/whatever, I hated PDAs with them. With my BF, we can't stop the PDAs. They just happen because we just can't keep our hands to ourselves. :bigsmile:

But in all fairness, if you are that in to your significant other, more power to you. I can handle the kissing (I think it's sweet and can be a turn-on), but if you are fondling and grabbing in public, hells no. I will likely shout "Get a room!".
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,939 Member
    Options
    So, to summarize, attitudes on public displays of affection vary from enthusiastic to intolerant with the vast majority of us falling somewhere between to two extremes but all of us recognize that there is a poorly defined line that shouldn't be crossed... and a bit of discretion is always appreciated.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Public displays of affection? Fine.

Public displays of lust? Not always appropriate. An assgrab while at a club is ok. An assgrab at a funeral is not.

Agreed. ...Better not be MY *kitten* that gets grabbed at a club, someone touches me w/o permission I will END YOU. :angry:

I know you were being totally serious, but when you said "I will END YOU"... I instantly had an image of Angelah Johnson saying "I will cut you" during her comedy routine. :laugh:

Back to topic at hand, I agree with others, there is a time and place for it... light kissing, hand holding, just being near each other... that is fine on most occasions.... but there are somethings that just need to stay behind the bedroom door, or at least within your home, not on the street.... if you MUST do it in public, then at least find a club that caters to that type of thing.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

Public displays of lust? Not always appropriate. An assgrab while at a club is ok. An assgrab at a funeral is not.

Totally agree. I will kiss my hubby in public, hold hands, arm around the waist, etc. But we don't stick our tongues down each other's throats.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    I love it when people have sex in front of me in line at Starbucks. Makes my morning.

**drops latte**

:laugh: :laugh: just made my morning
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options

:laugh:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I know there's a time and a place for it, but sometimes I'll admit that I just don't think about it in whatever moment there might be.

For example, last night I was on a date who walked me to my car. There was hand holding and other minimal touching (hand on knee, arm in arm, etc.), but when he walked me to my car, all I wanted him to do was push me up against the damn thing and kiss me like there's no tomorrow. He kept his head though... *pouts*
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I'm in favor of hugs/pecks/holding hands etc, but I think it's a bit much if you're making out and groping each other in front of others
  • DebbsBee
    Options
    PDA's are the same as most things in life, fine in moderation! There is nothing at all wrong with hand holding, a quick kiss, putting an arm round someone, all that stuff. There are limits though, my housemate and her new bf are gross, they sit in the kitchen pawing each other constantly. Big slurpy tonguey kisses, constant stroking, boob and butt fondling all that needs to be kept a little more private. :blushing:
  • bigaris911
    Options

**drops latte**

:laugh: :laugh: just made my morning

I'll watch! LMAO
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My opinion is like with everything else there's a line. If you wouldn't do it in front of a child, don't do it in public... sadly, there's a lot of adults that do disgusting things in front of children, so that's not always the case...

I like what someone said "public displays of lust are not appropriate" There's just certain things no one should do in public. Honestly, I think morales went way down when people thought it's ok to dress with bare minimal clothings so long as nips are not showing or your private parts... who cares if you can ALMOST see them, they're nto fully exposed... just like who cares if we're ALMOST basically having full blown intercourse in front of everyone... we still have most our clothes on...

It's like, people lost their respect for theirselves and those around them... not to mention, children see that and think it's ok and want to grow up faster and then you end up with pregnant 14 year olds.