Options

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    So how do you figure out the TDEE?

easy enough. go here:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-metabolism-calculator

there's a little margin for error with these (mostly due to activity level and your genetics) but this should get you to within about 100 calories of accurate. To get any more accurate you would have to go to a lab that offers a metabolic test.

Hey thanks! Knowledge is power, and that gives me a lot of power right now!!:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    and coming back................until I get it right!!

Here I am again. Must log, eat veggies, drink water..........measure measure measure...........be aware of what I am putting into my mouth!! :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,085 Member
    Options
    thbumpphotobucketcaza_roll.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>and I'm sticking this one in "Links in Mfp you want to read again and again"
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Excellent posts, thanks Chrissy especially for your elaboration, I would have read pages and pages too.:flowerforyou:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    this is SO helpful! thanks for sharing everyone!
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    my inspiration was hit today... i went to an eye doctor who can read ur eyes and tell u what vitamins ur lacking and what not... and she told me that my body is dying inside... that i am eating nothing in nutritional value... i mean i know that eating out all day and working at a pretzel place and drinking 3 sodas a day was bad both dannng no wonder im the size i am... i also learned today that my breathing is off a beat on my 7th beat because of my eating habits and my lack of exercise... soo basically i have a lot of work to do... im currently at 172 pounds at 5'5 and i cant do this anymore... i need to start taking care of my body... i know how and i have the knowledge... its just the drive i have now that will push me to do it... no more ill start mondays... no more well its only one cookie... no more i need a soda for the carbination... no more upset stomachs from all the grease... no more chub rub... no more losing breath from walking upstairs... no more self conscious outfit changes because i look fat... no more hiding behind my sweatshirts... and no more wearing a shirt over my bathing suit... im done! time for a new me!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Anyone else want to share their secrets? I would love to hear how you have paved your road to weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Check out the Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Edition out in newstands now.....DIET 2010

Has some great recipes, pointers....alot mentioned in this thread.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    secret to my success is knowledge.

-Research your body, log your numbers (calories, measurements, weight, body fat percentage, BMI, BMR, RHR, TDEE) and track all of them. Figure out what works for you and STICK TOO IT. No excuses!

-Learn about what good food is for you, and what bad food is.

-Know what is an acceptable goal for your situation.

-Don't expect too much too fast.

-Be HONEST with yourself.

-Make sure you're always pushing yourself at least a little. Never accept the status quo.

-Don't accept failures. If you have a bad day/week/month. Resolve yourself to change it and fix the issue.

-And most of all... FIGURE OUT what made you this way in the first place, and work towards fixing it.

I love this! These things have helped me tremendously. I will add that I also stopped compareing myself to others. I had to realize that I was me and I had to find what was right for my body. Also the number on the scale is such a small part of the bigger picture. Focus on being healthy mind, body and soul.
  • Gidget86
    Options
    Great thread Thank you!

Very informative and inspirational too, thank you everyone who replied, I think I need to reread this daily!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Here is another thread that falls into this bracket. I learn so much from reading all of these. It is very inspiring!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41685-how-it-s-done-tips-from-me-to-you
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This has been great! Need to keep all this in mind on days I'm feeling a little down
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was tired of being fat, unhealthy and restricted in life. I am LIVING life now. I've only lost 38 lbs and 42 inches and have a long way to go BUT it has made a huge difference in my life. I input all my food for the day BEFORE I eat it to make sure everything is on target and that's what I stick to. I actually bought a program called Food Lovers Fat Loss plan. It has taught me the correct food to eat, in the correct portions, at the right times. I now go to the gym everyday, sometimes 7 days a week without taking a break, that's how much I love it and how motivated I am. I go the dr's next month for my annual physical and can't wait to get off the blood pressure meds. I'm only 43 not 93!! I want to live life not just sit by and watch everyone else doing activities. I have another 116 lbs to go and I KNOW this time I will do it. All the tools are right here at my fingertips, support groups, food dairy, recipe calculator, recipes galore!! My husband still loves what I cook and we eat very well. It's just now I know what to eat. No more excuses. No more giving in. I am in control of my own destiny, I've taken back the control and power. I WILL succeed!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this thread. I am truly motivated.
  • debnu1
    Options
    :tongue: Time for a bump:tongue:
  • debnu1
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    wanted to get in this thread. Lots of great advice:flowerforyou: and some familiar names

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Steve1962
    Options
    I just started to watch my caloric intake.

I thought this would be difficult, because I absolutely LOVE food; good, fattening, unhealthy, artery cloggin' food.

What I've learned to do, though, is simply love different foods, and it's been working; 15 pounds in just under a month...
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    The success stories are indeed inspiring! Along with all the tips, I feel empowered to get this done and hopefully, in the not too distant future, have my own success story to share.
    Thanks to everyone!
  • nsgrimm
    Options
    Looking in the mirror naked is always inspiration enough for me....hahaha
  • llanas77
    Options
    I keep telling myself "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!