Thanksgiving to Christmas Tragedy

Options
I cannot believe what I saw on the scale this morning. I guess I didn't realize how much crap I have been eating.
The day before Thanksgiving I weighed 266 lbs. Now, the day after Christmas, I weigh 287 lbs!! Talk about a blow!!

I threw away about 4 months of weight loss.
I WILL NOT quit. I went to the gym today and did 30 mins on the stationary bike, 33 mins on the Elliptical, and 10 mins on the treadmill. I walked out of the gym 2 lbs lighter. I WILL BE BACK!!!!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I bet a dollar you will lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks if you eat clean. A LOT of it is water retention........and new fat goes really quick. Do not fret, stress makes it worse.

you did it before, you can do it again.

Good Luck!! jeannie
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I can gain easily if i don't log in.........don't worry you can get back on track!
  • Phatdaddymike
    Options
    i gained also...dont know how much, as i was a wuss and didnt even get on the scale....just get back on track and we'll be fine!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Quitting isn't an option, right? Think of it as a learning experience, and let's not repeat the behaviour during the next holiday season. If you learn, then it wasn't wasted time in the long run.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    A lot was probably water weight too since it was crappy food. Good attitude get back in there and lose!!!!!! I wish you health and happiness in the New Year!
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had a bad 2 days I mean really bad but the old crap is gone. Why did I sabotage myself? I dont know. but house is about clear of crap and back at it! We can both do it!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I tried pretty hard not to go out of conrol. But I did eat foods I never eat. A little here and there. I guess really for the season, I did well. But I feel absolutely a good 5 pd gain if not 10. But I went to the Y today andput in 30 on the AMT monster. And there is no other way than to get on track again.

Why? Because I enjoyed all that sweet salty food. But i want to be healthy.
    I want to be smaller.
    I want to look in the mirror and be proud of myself.
    I want to run after the kids this summer.
    I want to not be embarrashed of my size.
    I want to get into that new outfit that i was given for a present that is two sizes too small.
    I want to feel good in the heat this summer instead of heavy and lethargic.
    I want to go to a theme park and ride on the rides.
    I want to be the best Kathy I can be.