How does one lose 15 pounds in two weeks?

How does one lose 15 pounds in two weeks with exercise, motivation? Please do tell me your answer, im new here an im not fat nor am i that model thin anymore, i have a photo shoot comming up an i have to lose the weight. Soo tell me whats on your mind. Besides you can add me as a friend in the process, :)

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    There is no way to lose 15 lb of fat in 2 weeks. Even if your caloric needs were 2k/day and you ate nothing. And in that case you would probably lose muscle. I did one of those detox juice things for 4 days (not for weight loss because thats a stupid strategy) and lost 5 lb of water weight and intestinal contents, which came back when I resumed eating normally. Something like that could get rid of any bloating, which could help.
  • I agree if its just the shoot you want to look good for I suggest losing water weight to get rid of bloat....try eating high protien low carb and low sugar for 2 weeks....as soon as you eat carbs again you will more than likely bloat again :)
  • cyclelord
    cyclelord Posts: 1 Member
    No way to safely lose 15 pounds in two weeks. I'm a personal trainer and I would never encourage my clients to lose more than 1-2 pounds per week. Anything more could prove to be unsustainable and unhealthy. don't do that to yourself, you will set yourself up for failure and disappointment.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    It seems that if your starting weight is over 400#s, and you are on Biggest Loser, you can lose 15#s in 2 weeks.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Amputation or crack. Both could be rather expensive and wouldn't leave you looking very good for the shoot. Photo editing software is amazing and a true professional photographer can erase those 15 pounds easy.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    You definitely can lose that in two weeks. You can lose it in 2 nights. Professional fighters do this for weigh-ins all the time. It's mostly water weight.

It is incredibly unhealthy and will actually make you LESS attractive, though.

Edit: I partially retract my statement. I have heard talk of fitness models dehydrating before photo shoots. There might be something to that as a temporary solution and not something you would do repeatedly or attempt to sustain. I'm no expert, though, and I would recommend talking to someone who has experience doing this. On this site you will mostly find people who want to lash out at you for even suggesting this.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    You can not lose that much fat in that time, and personally I wouldn't even suggest trying.

Having said that, there are a lot of fitness models, body building competitors go on specific diets leading up to stage time. It is definitely not recommended long term but if it is done safely and for a very short period of time it is a way to lose some water weight and a little bit of fat in the process.

For one of the safer 'crash' diets I'd refer you to Lyle MccDondald's Rapid Fatloss Handbook (RFL). It is essentially a very high protein, very low carb short term VLCD. Must include heavy resistance training and minimize cardio.

If you are going to do something, please make it reasonable and don't just stop eating. One photoshoot is not worth your health. :flowerforyou:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Amputation or crack. Both could be rather expensive and wouldn't leave you looking very good for the shoot. Photo editing software is amazing and a true professional photographer can erase those 15 pounds easy.

Yep - I was also going to suggest cutting off a limb....
  • its not possible... 4 lbs a week is even pushing it. unless you are like morbidly obese and weight will come off faster.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 627 Member
    i have only lost 11 pounds in two weeks so far but im hoping to lose more than that im not sure how but i seem to eat lots but i keep my calories under 500

Either she is trolling you, or this person is very distrubed.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    i have only lost 11 pounds in two weeks so far but im hoping to lose more than that im not sure how but i seem to eat lots but i keep my calories under 500 also i ate mostly fruit and veges and avoided dairy and meat (vegetarian):)

*sharp intake of breath*

Hmm, you know how likely you are to put that back on once you stop eating such a restricted number of calories?
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    You can lose that much, I have a friend who did it. You also (like him) need to be about 100lb overweight to start with and be just starting the diet.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    You should have a little more respect for your health.
  • You take unhealthy measures without regard to the overall effects on your long term health.
  • i have only lost 11 pounds in two weeks so far but im hoping to lose more than that im not sure how but i seem to eat lots but i keep my calories under 500

Either she is trolling you, or this person is very distrubed.

Couldn't agree more! 500 calories? Why eat at all!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    A good round of food poisoning could net you a 15 lb loss...in just a matter of days!!!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    i have only lost 11 pounds in two weeks so far but im hoping to lose more than that im not sure how but i seem to eat lots but i keep my calories under 500 also i ate mostly fruit and veges and avoided dairy and meat (vegetarian):)

That's disgusting! If you want to harm yourself do it in private but don't come onto the message boards announcing it, impressionable people might follow and do harm to themselves
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member

seriously. i think the only way to lose that much weight in that little time is to be extremely obese in the first place. the heavier you are, the easier it is to lose weight. i've been trying to lose "the last 15lbs" for almost a year now. if there's a way to get it off in two weeks it definitely isn't healthy or sustainable.

and aren't photo shoots scheduled in advance? i feel like two weeks notice is hardly enough time to train a new person before leaving a job, nevermind trying to reshape your body!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Protein Sparing Modified Fast. Google it. It will work, you'll feel like crap, and you'll gain it all back, but it will work for your photo shoot.
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    BrownEyedGrrl Posts: 144 Member

Yep - I was also going to suggest cutting off a limb....

Damn, you stole my idea! lol