How long did it take to see results?

Options
13»

Replies

• Britt_Duffy
    Britt_Duffy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would say about 2-3 months to see a dramatic difference in how you look and feel if you keep focused and stick with it.

I've lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks so far :) BF from 25 to 17% and BMI from 26 to 23 so far!

The biggest change however iv found is a state of mind and lifestyle. Learning to cook healthily and to eat in moderation!

20 pounds in 8 weeks?! That's a lot!

To the OP - I've been on MFP for about 2 months now, and I've only lost like 3 pounds. I see no noticeable difference in my body, or the way that any of my clothes fit. I have been working out over the last month, roughly 4X per week (I switch it up between 30 day shred, c25k, a body sculpt fitness class, or walking). I was consuming 1540 (max) calories per day, but have lowered it to just 1380 (max) since a friend recommended that could be why I wasn't losing weight.

So in short, I feel your pain, and understand it well. But I have to remember, 6 months ago I couldn't walk because of having parts of my knee surgically reconstructed, so the fact that I can run and jump is pretty amazing.
  • Olderwiser41
    Options
    I was exactly the same at week 3 - I seemed to plateau for a week or so then suddenly it started to shift again without me changing what I was doing. By week 5 I had lost 10lbs and that's when I noticed clothes feeling looser. I've lost 12lbs now and other people are starting to comment. I'm about to hit a pre-menstrual week again which last time coincided with the plateau so we'll see what happens. The important thing is the overall trend being a DECREASE in the scales. I'm already heading towards a healthy BMI but now that I've started I feel like I can just carry on - I've reduced my goal weight twice already!!!
    Good luck and keep going!
  • MindfulVegana
    MindfulVegana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 months 3 wks for 36 lbs
  • AESprouse
    AESprouse Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I lost 10.4 lb and 10 inches in 5 weeks and my mom just told me yesterday that my face looks thinner. You'll get there.
  • nadiamode
    Options
    i read somewhere (and consistent with my own experience) it takes 4 weeks for you to see a change in your own body, 8 weeks for your close friends and family, and 12 weeks for everyone else.
    keep pushing on! :)
  • choochoomummy
    Options
    So far I have lost one pound and put on two and lost oned - so I'm back where I started! But I can see a difference in my body shape, so today I took measurements and I think I will put the scales away! This time I'm concentrating on fitness and muscle tone - keep at it as you are doing the right thing and if you give up it certainly won't help you lose weight.
  • ShoOff007
    Options
    I have been using myfitnesspal.com for 3 months now. When I started, I weighed 349 pounds. Tonight my scale says I weigh 310 pounds. I go by the way my clothes fit. When I started, I was wearing size 48 shorts and now my size 44 shorts are getting to big. I am almost ready to move into size 42 shorts. Whatever you do, don't give up.
  • _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP 2 weeks ago and since then I actually gained a bit of weight but seem to be hovering somewhere around 51-52 kg mark (112-114 lbs), but I upped my training as well from cardio x2/week to cardio x2/week + resistance x4/week
  • Anet40
    Anet40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i think that was the key factor. you have to track everything you eat.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It was a couple months before I really started seeing a difference.
  • titanium2012
    Options
    It's been about a month since I've been consistently tracking. I haven't noticed any significant results in the mirror yet. The scale is going down and my clothes are looser, but my face/body seems the same to me.

But...yesterday was the first day other people started seeing my results. Multiple people came up to me at work and while I was out last night asking me if I lost weight and telling me I looked thinner. Up until now nobody has noticed. So hang in there, somebody will notice soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!