Why am I starving?!!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• KetMed28
    KetMed28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    drink plenty of water! it helps! trust me :)
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Um. I am not sure why everyone is assuming the "growling" is from gas? *boggle* It's easy to discern between a hunger pang and GI issues. My stomach growls all the time when I am hungry. ALL THE TIME. It's not acids churning, or gases, or intestinal upset. It's my body telling me it needs more.

I am also hungier on some days. On those days I do allow myself a bit more leeway on the caloric intake. I bounce between 1250-1400 calories a day. Sometimes on a huge workout day I'll bump up to 1800. The reason I don't gain weight is because I use a zig-zag plan. I find the grand total of what my calories should add up to in a week. Then I will eat 1250 on a rest day, and 1400-1800 on a big workout day. I just adjust each day accordingly, but make sure I don't exceed the grand total for the week. I hope that makes sense?

I hope you can figure out what your body needs. Sometimes finding that balance is the hardest part, not finding the motivation. Keep it up!
  • careyannal
    Options
    Here is a link to a study I was reading yesterday that seems to apply to your situation-

BYU study shows exercise can reduce motivation for food:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/science/health-med-fit/fitness/byu-study-shows-exercise-can-reduce-motivation-for-food/article_988a0091-9e7d-57ca-a31d-06a2738721dc.html

I know I personally tend to be a lot more hungry on my day off than on days when I exercise. I don't know why, but it seems that is the case for most people.

As far as advice, I would plan out the food for your rest days in advance with as much protein and other filling foods (fiber) as possible.