letting off steam....I'm fed up with Drs

Options
13»

Replies

• Midgetgem74
    Midgetgem74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    In the UK regardless of what you want or need the first point of call is your general practioner. Hence why I went to her for my emotional state. She did actually phone me yesterday evening and hats up to her has apologised she admits she used the wrong approach. She has always been really supportive in the past hence why I was taken aback.

I'm not willing to chat about the rest on here as there are obviously some people that didn't see that the thread category is "motivation and support".......not let's put people down further so shame on you people.

However thank you to everyone else for the advice and support and for listening its appreciated that there are some positive and motivating people out there, thanks :-)
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Sounds like your doctor wasn't "knocking you down". She/he simply didn't hold your hand and pat your back. That's not their job.
    Find a therapist or counselor for the hand holding. (that reads rough but not meant that way it's just simply put)
    All the best to you
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    just like people are different so are doctors. I personally love that my doctor is straight forward and to the point. He got me off my *kitten* and now I am down 40 lbs.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the comments, but I know that after having a miscarriage, I was a weepy mess. My ob put me on depression medicine that pretty much put me into zombie mode for the next 3 years. The thing that really helped was finding a therapist that I clicked with. Mine was a wholisitc therapist...she had me doing the strangest things...like spinning circles in the middle of her office. I looked at her like she was insane, but I did it. Each time, I seemed to feel a little better. I wish my ob had sent me to her in the first place. I hope life starts coming up the way you wish very soon :flowerforyou:
  • SassyLynndog
    SassyLynndog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honey, the doctor should NOT have been lecturing you. What he or she should have done is tried to work with you to see why you may be having difficulty losing, if that is the case, or to encourage you for whatever progress you make. As a nurse, I would not tolerate an MD talking that way to any patient or to me. I fired a doctor for not listening to me and got a better one. My issue was she would not listen to me on my medications. It doesn't take a minute or two for an MD to listen to a patient.