Is losing 20 lbs in 35 days possible?

2»

Replies

• ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    It is possible to lose for 20 lbs in 35 days...

Later, it might create problem for women and i dont know whether it create problem in men.

You have to consume eat well and also exercise well...

The problem is: you have to keep following the same routine.

case 1:- Even if you keep following the same routine, you may lose even more weight and will create health problems in future.

case 2: If u reduce following the same routine, you immediately might gain weight.

The bottom line is: Slow and Steady is better rather than fast and furious. (when it comes to weight)
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    OH! When is your birthday? I turn 35 on October 14th !!! Happy early birthday in case I don't see you :flowerforyou:

I turn 35 on October 18th.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    It looks like most everyone is in agreement that at this point it would be more detrimental than beneficial to push for the 20. Thank you all for you input, I will continue down my path of healthy weight loss and not try to force something that could cause major issues later. Thank you everyone.
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Not unless you chop off an arm. Even if you could, it's just not smart.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    It took me 2 months to lose my first 25 lbs and that was pretty good, I was totally happy with that. But now I want to lose the next 20 in the next 35 days. Is it possible? That averages out to about 4 lbs a week which really seems like a lot. I don't want to hurt myself or do anything that will end up being counter-productive.
    For those who want to know why the push....I turn 35 next month. And for me turning 35 is huge and I would really really really like to hit onederland before I hit 35. Please tell me someone understands.

Any suggestions, or should I just stay on the path I am on and not push it?
    It's probably possible - but it really depends on how much you weigh currently and if this is your 3rd month because you might hit a plateau.
  • I lost 20.2 pounds in 4 weeks following a low fat, low calorie low carb diet with 30 minutes of dog walking a day. I had days I gained weight and days I lost a ton, but over all I averaged 4 pounds a week. My doctor was checking on me regularly at the beginning of the diet (first 3 weeks or so) and I have stayed healthy and had no issues so far.
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    All you can do is try your hardest, aslong as you are getting fitter thats the main thing! ... and when you do hit onderland go out and celebrate your birthday again who cares if its a few weeks later you get to have two parties :) good luck hun xx
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    If you have 200+lbs to lose otherwise expect 0.5 to 2.0 lbs/week, so in 5 weeks 2.5 to 10 lbs should be expected depending on how much you have to lose.
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    It took me 2 months to lose my first 25 lbs and that was pretty good, I was totally happy with that. But now I want to lose the next 20 in the next 35 days. Is it possible? That averages out to about 4 lbs a week which really seems like a lot. I don't want to hurt myself or do anything that will end up being counter-productive.
    For those who want to know why the push....I turn 35 next month. And for me turning 35 is huge and I would really really really like to hit onederland before I hit 35. Please tell me someone understands.

The main problem with loosing weight quickly IMO is the skin hang.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    I don't think you can put a time limit to losing weight. Your body will lose when it wants to, not you. I have lost 11lbs in 7 weeks and at first I was disappointed, but I have lost a LOT of inches, so I know I am doing the right thing. Keep following this plan and see what happens, you can push and push and work out as hard as you can and the weight will still not go as fast as you want it to. Good Luck!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

The main problem with loosing weight quickly IMO is the skin hang.

This, and that the faster you lose the higher the % of lean muscle lost as a % of total weight loss, vs. slower weight loss.