What's your best hangover cure?

Options

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    pizza toppings...lol...but i rarely drink anymore...
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much anymore, but it used to be Jack in the Box tacos. Yummmm
  • laurin2010
    Options
    My suggestion is when you are drinking to drink water inbetween--thus resulting in not getting completely smashed and feeling better the next day because your body is hydrated! :)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and greasy breakfast food.

in college, i would go to a diner that served breakfast all day and get an omelet and bacon and coffee. it was the best omelet....

as a side not the waitress there seemed to be perpetually pregnant. i'm not sure i ever saw her less than 7 months pregnant in the 4 years i was there.

Edit: and i would get home fries. those were great, too
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Bedroom aerobics first thing in the morning. Don't know what it is about it, but it makes me feel 100% for the rest of the hangover day, ha!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    A mimosa!!!!
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Wake and Bake.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    bump, as I'm planning on drinking tonight.:drinker:
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Well..funny thing. The best way to cure a hangover is actually more booze.

A hangover is an alcohol withdrawl that your body is having to deal with. You stopped putting alcohol <which is an addictive poison (it really is classified as that, I'm not saying it is. I love it!)> into your body and since you stopped it wants more. Coupled with you being dehydrated <caused by alcohol> and probably sick to your stomach <with the *kitten* you ate, if you ate anything> just makes one big clustercuss of "not fun". The best cure is reintroducing a small amount of alcohol in your system to jump start it again.

Mamosas, bloody Marys, even a can of BudLight should be enough to push yourself back into the groove. Hydrate yourself after that beer and get some food in your stomach is the best way. The hardest part, is chugging down that beer when you never wanna look at a drink again.

Thats the truth. Now, with Jager...thats a different story. Once you start on Jager, you dont stop. Until you wake up naked on the patio table with a dead oppossum in your hand, and a headache that wont. ever. stop.
  • nis75p06
    Options
    As much water as you can stomach without tossing chunks before passing out/sleeping will do a decent job of limiting the hangover. Otherwise 325mg of aspirin, 800mg of ibuprophen and a gram of acetaminophen washed down with a Mountain Dew followed by food.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Don't drink to excess
  • nikilovesaxl
    Options
    I can drink like a fish but I don't get hangovers. Its wonderful.
    :bigsmile:
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    a couple of glasses of water before i go to bed, and a cold chicken and mushroom pie when i wake up cures me every time, not that i drink that much these days far far far to many calories lol
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds double cheeseburger, medium fries, and a medium coke.

works every almost single time for me.

drinking plenty of water before you pass out and some advil helps too :)
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Just answering the topic, the best hangover cure is to just not get drunk. This method has led to 30 years of never having a hangover.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk over ice.

I rarely drink enough to get a hangover now, but back in my college days this was my lifesaver!
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    BLT's.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    love these replies...depends on the gravity of the hangover. I find that i get up to pee at some point early morning anyways, so I take an aleve and a multivitamin...not a cure-all but definitely helps when i crawl out of bed later
  • awadm
    awadm Posts: 252
    Options
    TONS of water before you sleep. McDonald's for breakfast. Yes, I did say McDonald's. :drinker:
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    "A bacon sandwich really does cure a hangover - by boosting the level of amines which clear the head, scientists have found. "

But I don't need an excuse to eat bacon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/5118283/Bacon-sandwich-really-does-cure-a-hangover.html