What's your best hangover cure?

Options

Replies

• BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Just answering the topic, the best hangover cure is to just not get drunk. This method has led to 30 years of never having a hangover.

Wrong answer! :drinker:

Tons of water, advil before going to sleep.
    Breakfast: a tall glass of orange juice juice, whole wheat toast with cheese. All I eat the day after is pretty much just bread and cheese.

Edited to correct typos.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Big super cold glass of Orange Juice and an advil!! :)
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    OK, first of all, those of you that are saying "just don't drink" I'm LMAO over here...that's like saying, if you don't want to be fat, don't overeat. DUH. That's why we're all here! Sometimes, we do it anyway! Like preaching to the choir.

Second of all, those of you that are able to get up and have $ex, eat fatty foods, and work out...I don't think you've had a hangover yet.

For me...sleep, water, sleep, chocolate milk, sleep, Gatorade, sleep, then salty foods/drinks like V8 for sure...it doesn't matter though..potato chips, french fries etc. but, the less food the better for me...it's been a while but just reading these stories of the aforementioned activities with a hangover makes me want to go running to the porceline goddess!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I can drink like a fish but I don't get hangovers. Its wonderful.
    :bigsmile:
    I hate you >:(

I have even one drink and I'll feel like cr*p in the morning. So I just have to avoid the stuff in the first place.
    Not fair :sad:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take the tack that a few took in the THC thread.....

The best way to avoid a hangover is to avoid excessive alcohol. :tongue: Herb will never cause a hangover...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Don't stop drinking.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hangover... Water, water, water, then tea, then yoghurt... Then a microwaveable pasta meal and painkillers

Alcohol poisoning... bucket to vomit in, painkillers, anti inflammatorys, drip... And after 2-3 days hangover cure and soups for the rest of week
  • laurie7075
    laurie7075 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have an insatiable need for comfort food when hungover. Actually I am ashamed to admit, but hungover today....normally I would have consumed my calories by noon after a night out drinking, but I'm happy to say that a peanut butter sandwich this morning and a glass of water did the trick! I try to take a motrin or something before bed and drink plenty of water before bed to try to prevent it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Pedialite.
  • nikilovesaxl
    Options
    I can drink like a fish but I don't get hangovers. Its wonderful.
    :bigsmile:
    I hate you >:(

I have even one drink and I'll feel like cr*p in the morning. So I just have to avoid the stuff in the first place.
    Not fair :sad:

:indifferent: hate is such a strong word. But I have a high tolerance. Its not necessarily a good thing, especially when I'm in pain (which is pretty much 100% of the time). So I can stay buzzed for a little while and then it wears off. Guess I'll just have to drink more :drinker: .
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Fast food chinese.....Panda Express in particular. Cures the hangover every time! lol
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Menudo
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    OK, first of all, those of you that are saying "just don't drink" I'm LMAO over here...that's like saying, if you don't want to be fat, don't overeat. DUH. That's why we're all here! Sometimes, we do it anyway! Like preaching to the choir.

Second of all, those of you that are able to get up and have $ex, eat fatty foods, and work out...I don't think you've had a hangover yet.

For me...sleep, water, sleep, chocolate milk, sleep, Gatorade, sleep, then salty foods/drinks like V8 for sure...it doesn't matter though..potato chips, french fries etc. but, the less food the better for me...it's been a while but just reading these stories of the aforementioned activities with a hangover makes me want to go running to the porceline goddess!

Cheers! :drinker:

I definitely have had my share of hangovers, especially after I wake up still buzzed. As much as the thought of working out usually makes me want to die, after I get a good bike ride on my stationary bike and sweat everything out my hangover is either completely gone or at least much better and tolerable. Greasy food never worked and always made me feel like crap after which on top of a hangover sucks. I tend to not each much anymore when I have a hangover but always get lots of water and after my work out usually end up relaxing with my fiancé and having drink :drinker:

Speaking of drinks, I'm looking forward to watching my Packers tonight and having some drinks :smile:
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Prevention is the best cure!!! A headache powder, a diet pepsi (caffeine) and a glass of water before going to sleep when you drink...no hangover!
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and greasy breakfast food.
    YES, or pretty much ANY greasy food....
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Its best right before you go to bed to drink a quart of water if you can. You will stave off the hangover in most cases. The dehydration is what makes you feel like crap. I do it when I drink and it works 90% of the time.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    More Patron...
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    A spicy bloody mary.....or a giant steaming bowl of pho.....or sleep. Sleep has the fewest calories.
  • mhide
    mhide Posts: 20
    Options
    Sleep well. Once you wake up take a cafiaspirine and gatorade, then more water.
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Lots of water!! and VOdka!