Losing On 1200 Calories Does NOT Mean Regaining

Options

Replies

• rrrbecca11
    Options
    My beautiful, dedicated, determined friend!! *applause* :flowerforyou: :drinker: :love:
  • Reecee74
    Options
    Wow! You look great!! Congratulations on your weight loos!
  • JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wow! Inspiring! you look amazing. Did you eat your exercise calories back and net 1200 daily?
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! How many calories do you eat to maintain?
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!
  • tundeke
    Options
    OMG! You didn't just lost weight, you lost 15 years on the appearance too! Congratulations, you look fabulous!
  • BirdieNYC
    BirdieNYC Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are inspirational! You look so much younger- definitely bc of the weight loss but more so because you're beaming with confidence! Congratulations!
  • rhvandan
    Options
    You look mahvelous dahling! And not a day over 40!
  • I would NEVER recommend that each and every person eat only 1200 calories daily to lose weight. What I do recommend is that you each find what works for YOUR body and go with it. We are individuals. I had never been overweight in my life until after my 51st birthday. I have lifted weights since my teens and have been within normal weight limits until the death of our child the day before his 29th birthday. I am speaking out in defense of eating 1200 calories daily because I am sick and tired of reading how I am going to regain the weight I lost and how I will have horribly sagging skin because of my quick weight loss when it simply is not true.

MFP is GREAT and most of the information is true; however, eating back your exercise calories does NOT work for every person. I GAINED 23 additional pounds following this advice. I have an electronic scale and use a BodyBug. I have been tested before and after by DEXA for my body fat. I know what my progress is. I am not guessing.

I ate 1200 calories daily and never ate one calorie back on the advice of my son who is a surgeon. I realize the 20-year-old body builders on here believe they know much more than most doctors, but YOUR way did not work for me. If it works for you ... go for it, but please do not slam everyone who wants to try something different when your way does not work for them. On maintenance I eat between 1400 and 1600 calories. I still NEVER eat back all of my exercise calories. I added calories at 100 per week until I found MY sweet spot.

I am the last person who would advocate eating 500 calories per day. I had a niece who died in her 20s from anorexia. Just find what works for YOUR body and best wishes to everyone on their journey. What does work for each and every person regardless of your sex, your height, or your age? Burn more calories than you take in daily. It really is that simple for 99% of us.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great job and great to hear! I firmly believe people regain if they go back to their old ways, simple as that.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You don't look great "for a 62 year old"....YOU JUST LOOK GREAT, PERIOD!!!

Thanks for sharing your story. I agree, everybody has to find what works for them. Clearly this worked for you, and you look wonderful. I have been struggling lately to find what is right for me, and your story really helped me thank you. Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • KerryPozzi
    KerryPozzi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look too cute and I love your spunkiness!
  • Eloira
    Eloira Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You're 62??????! Looking good girl!!!! You don't look older than maybe 40!!! Way to go!!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    You're 5'1. That has A LOT to do with why 1200 calories is ok with you. You're small, you don't need as many!!! Bigger people need more calories.

But kudos to you and your accomplishment!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    you look incredible!!!
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    great loss, if it works for you, as it seems to, then great!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!!! Very young for your age!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    holy flying mackerel!!!!

You look FANTASTIC for 62! I would never have thought you were anywhere near 50 let alone 60!

Well done, you have done fabulously!!
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Be proud! You have every reason to be! :)
  • mom22yorkies
    Options
    Congratulations to you.. and what an inspiration!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!