Requesting all your healthy soup recipes!

Options

Replies

• pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    BUMP-a-RAMA!
  • Sarahwillow
    Sarahwillow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!!! Some really great recipes! I have a few and will post later... B U M P :drinker:
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A really good topic to discuss! Looking forward to getting some ideas myself, I tend to buy soup normally....some quick recipes would be great.
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    saving for later!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Bump and Thank you!! esp Hauer! D
  • moomaq
    moomaq Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tom Yam Ka soup... delish my favourite and so low fat. can be made from a tom yam thai paste and just throw what ever veg or meat you have and it its out of this world

there is a tom yam that is clear without coconut milk, and a tom yam that is with coconut milk.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Saving to read later.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Just curious: has anyone ever made a squash soup WITHOUT pureeing it? I don't have a blender, a food processor, or a hand blender, but I do have a giant squash that needs to be eaten.

You don't have to puree the squash at all if you can't, it's just a matter of personal choice. I make lots of soups that I leave chunky but I blended this soup because I wasn't sure my son would eat it if it had lumps of squash as he's not really a lover of it as a vegetable.
    If you chop the squash into smaller pieces you could leave it intact or try using a potato masher on it once it's cooked.
    Alternatively you could roast the squash, scoop out the flesh and add to the soup, by the time it's all done I doubt it would need mashing or puréeing.
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Seafood Bisque

2 cans cream of tomato soup
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    crab meat and shrimp
    add some spices

cook on low for 20-30min and enjoy
  • kimholcomb
    kimholcomb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome recipes! I can't wait to give them a try.:wink:
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    bumpity-bump!
  • Cindygrn
    Options
    BUMP
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Just curious: has anyone ever made a squash soup WITHOUT pureeing it? I don't have a blender, a food processor, or a hand blender, but I do have a giant squash that needs to be eaten.

Here's a couple of soup recipes without blending. Once it's soft, you could have a go with a potato masher for a while to break it up a bit - won't get it completely smooth but maybe half-way blended (:

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/kabocha-french-lentil-soup-recipe.html

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/adzuki-butternut-squash-soup-recipe.html
  • kelly81082
    kelly81082 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pastabelly
    pastabelly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Oooo, love me my crockpot. Bumping for now, but will be back later with a recipe to add to the pot, so to speak.
  • ckoscielniak
    Options
    WholeLIving.com has many tasty seasonal soups.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup with Mushrooms
    Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients

1/4 cup light butter, cubed(unsalted)
    2 carrots, cut into 1” x 1/2” sticks
    2 ribs celery, 1/2” slices
    2 small onion, diced
    4 oz mushrooms(6-7 med.), sliced
    1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
    1/8 teaspoon pepper or to taste
    1 dash red pepper flakes
    1 bay leaf
    6 cups chicken broth(low sodium, fat free)
    1 large boneless skinless chicken breast (3/4 to 1 lb), cut into 1/2” dice
    1 cup wide egg noodles

Directions

In a Dutch oven, saute the carrot, celery, onion and mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the flour until blended. Gradually add broth and bay leaf.

Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken, return to a boil. Add the noodles; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until noodles are tender. Taste for seasoning. Remove bay leaf and serve.

Note: Light butter can be salty unless you can find unsalted in your area, adjust salt to taste.

Nutrition Facts:
    Amount Per Serving - Calories 159.7; Total Fat 5.0 g; Saturated Fat 0.2 g; Cholesterol 47.2 mg; Sugars 1.5 g; Sodium 1,267.9* mg; Potassium 357.4 mg; Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g; Dietary Fiber 1.8 g; Protein 12.8 g.

*Note: I used sparkrecipe calculator. They did not have low sodium, fat free broth or unsalted light butter. So the sodium number is really high.