Would You be Willing to Wake Up This Early?

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    If I went to bed at a reasonable time, yes that'd be fine for me. I love mornings :P

Basically, I consider 4:45 as 5AM... and my grandma used to wake up at 5 every morning because she worked at a bank. You're not the only one up in the world at that hour .
    'Grab some coffee and go go go! :D

xGood luck haha
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    I wake up at 4:10 a.m five mornings a week to get to the gym before work. I know that I won't go after work, so this works for me. It's hard at first, but then you adjust.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    I wake up at 4:45 about 3 days a week to workout. Other days it's closer to 5:15, just depends on what workout I'm planning on doing. It kinda blows, but it's the only time I've got to do it, so it must be done.

I'm not a morning person either, but I'd rather get up super early every day than still be fat.
  • ForTheSmile
    ForTheSmile Posts: 89 Member
    Okay, I'm realizing that in order for me to get at least one workout in I may need to wake up an hour earlier than I already do.
    Wake up time to start getting ready for work is 6am, and I like to think that I can get at least a half or hour long run in the morning. So 4:45am wakeup. Does this seem unrealistic or am I just over thinking things?

follow Up**

How are you guys gearing up for the cooler weather? I'm starting to wake up to +5-7 degrees celsius, at this point I can only really afford to layer yoga capris under my baggy basketball shorts and a tee shirt over a long-sleeve shirt... What do you do?

As someone who lives in Florida, what's cold weather?? xD
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    I get up at 4:00 AM every week day to get my 5-mile walk in. You get used to it, although there are times you'd rather sleep in.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Never! Two reasons:
    1. Insomnia. I can't just "go to bed earlier" nor will my body ever adapt to it
    2. Late night is the only time I can spend with my boyfriend
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    I wake up at about that time if I work out before work
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    I'm a morning exerciser, too. I have to get my exercise in before everyone wakes up or it won't get done. I get up at 4:30-5:00 a.m. M-F and no later than 7:00 a.m. most weekends. (Last weekend was an aberration, though, I had to sleep!) It's not easy, especially when I have to go to bed long before my husband wants to, and when there is a show on television that I really want to watch. DVR has saved my workouts. My 4 year old demands attention, and I feel guilty not giving him that since I've been away all day. My routine is usually get up and to the gym between 5:00 and 5:30, get home no later than 6:45-7:00, wake up my son and husband, get breakfast ready for everyone, get everyone off to school/work, get them out the door by 8:00. Get myself ready and get to work. I get home around 6:00 and am in bed by 10:00-10:30.
  • Only if i was gonna catch a plane.
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    I get to the gym at 0500 5 days a week. I am certainly not alone. We have a nice crowd that likes to get a workout in before work or the craziness of the day.
  • I wake up at 3am everyday apart from Sunday to go for an hour run before leaving for work at 4am, you get used to it! :flowerforyou:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    When I run in the morning I get up at 5, so 445 isn't out of the question. Key is you have to go to bed early enough so you get proper sleep. If you don't get enough sleep you'll undermine your fitness in other ways that aren't as apperant as not running.
    At the very least, you'll stop doing it because you're tired.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    I'd do it. I have to be at work at 8, I get up at 6 to work out but I am finding that its not enough time. Gonna have to get up earlier to get things done!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    I get up at 4:30 already. Just do it and get over it.
  • Invest in a pair of running tights, they are awesome for cold weather, spendy but worth it. A pair of gloves helps keep me warm too, and they don't have to be fancy, just a 2 or 3 dollar pair of knit gloves is enough when you're running. Something for your head is a good way to help stay warm too... hat or otherwise
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Okay, I'm realizing that in order for me to get at least one workout in I may need to wake up an hour earlier than I already do.
    Wake up time to start getting ready for work is 6am, and I like to think that I can get at least a half or hour long run in the morning. So 4:45am wakeup. Does this seem unrealistic or am I just over thinking things?

I'm guessing from the fact that this is the only way you can fit in a workout that you're going to be losing an hour of sleep rather than going to bed an hour earlier? In which case, it may be unrealistic, depending on how much sleep you get at the moment, how much sleep your body needs, etc. If you go to bed an hour earlier, it shouldn't make much difference - it's just like adjusting to the clocks going forward.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    You can 100% do it!! Don't overthink it or you will think yourself right back to sleep in the morning. Just get up and do it; you got this!! Good Luck
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Well, if North America would stop with the stupid Daylight Savings Time, then you would not be getting up quite so early. I just can't follow the logic of the day being any longer, since humans still need the same amount of sleep no matter what numbers the hands on the clock point to. Just so people in Toronto (or insert city name of your choice) can golf later, I guess. I grew up hearing that the farmer's wanted DST. NOT. Saskatchewan is the only sane province in Canada, full of farmers, and they refuse DST.

I live in the Arctic, DST is so completely ridiculous up here, but we still gotta do it cuz we can't think for ourselves apparently.

Rant over.

No, I wouldn't be getting up at 4:45am on DST, but I could on the regular time.
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    My alarm goes off at 3:50 AM on MWF...I have to be back home to get ready for work by 5:15. You get used to it.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    I am up at least 4 days a week at 4 to be aat the gym by 5. I have found now, if I don't work out before starting my day, it is a sure thing I will be in a bad mood and sluggish all day. I love my early morning workouts...