5 Pound a Month 20210 Challenge

Options

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I did not have much time to work out today and only slept 5 hours. I only did 15 minutes HIIT on elliptical. Tomorrow morning I will go for 2 hours work out since I'm going to have alchohol tomorrow night. Tomorrow is also my weekly weight in day. I hope I will lose 2 lbs.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    January 1 weight 185.4
    January 8 weight 185

Down .4 not great, but yesterday morning I was at 184 and I had a good day eating so my guess is water retention. Hope every one else has a better weigh in.
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I wish I was as good at exercising!. I really have to make myself do it...

Did 45 min hill workout level 12 speed 3.2 on the treadmill yesterday. I kept the 3.2 speed for 35 min, then lowered it to 3.0 so I could complete the entire 45 min. My mini goal is to complete the entire workout at 3.2...then I'll change it up to 3.4. (nothing like keeping it going, right?)

No "real" workout tonight. I have to make a commisary run. ugh :grumble: That in itself should count! I'll actually log it as 60 minute slow walk at 2.0.

Stayed on track with calories yesterday! Should be ok today too, as long as I stick to what I've logged in...:blushing:

Sherri

You are moving and that is the best thing you can do for yourself right now. Don't give yourself a hard time for that. In a couple of weeks your body will start asking for more and then you just need to change things up a little. You can do this, we are all here for you. :bigsmile:

Thanks much JJ. You're quite the cheerleader!

Jan 1 - 196
    Jan 8 - 196

No change, but I really wasn't expecting any...it's only been a week after all. (and a re-starting week at that) I will review my food diary and exercise to see what I can improve for next week.

Exercise for today will be 45 min on the treadmill after work doing the hill workout at level 12, speed 3.2.

Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:

Sherri
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    Good morning!

Weigh in:

1/1/10: 153.9
    1/8/10: 152.6

I am proud of my self for the self-control I have had this week over food temptations; and with keeping within my caloric intake often. I am also pleased I have begun to increase my steps, I am NOT pleased with the amount of exercise I have put in during the last week. Personal goal: If it is only 15 minutes a day, "Get up and do it!"

I am so glad to be in this group. There is SO much motiviation and support. I feel I have gained new friends. Take care, enjoy your weekend and STAY WARM!
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey TCASMEY :smile:
    I hope your treadmill came in! I'm always afraid I'm going to fall when I step on one of those things. That's why I like running outside on the trails. I guess if I had to face weather like you have I would get over my fear of falling a lot faster! Enjoy!

BTW, I'm down a pound from last week! 206.0 to 205.0.!!!! It was hard too! Retained a bunch of water earlier in the week from eating too many high sodium foods and have worked like crazy to get it off- so I'm totally happy with this weeks weigh in!
  • Minerva
    Options
    Seriuosly, how can you tell the difference between 4 below and 10 below? I have no idea how you manage in that kind of cold. We've been in the teens all week and I'm feeling picked on by Mother Nature! You have my admiration.

Exercise goals for yesterday (wednesday) were met- Walked 1/2 mile:Ran 2 miles:walked 1/2 mile back to the house. Also took 1/2 hour Wing Chun class followed by 55 minute Black Belt Sparring and Self Defense Class (which cardio'd me out!!!) Didn't wanna but did it anyway. It's always a struggle getting myself out the door Wed. evenings for these classes but when I do, I'm always glad I did because I have fun.

Today is a little easier- 1/2 hour Wing Chun review of last nights class plus 40 minute Escrima knife defense class followed by my teaching my TKD class for 55 minutes.

Sounds like you are very much into cardio. That is great. Do you do any strength training?

Keep up the awesome job. :bigsmile:

I do strength training on Tuesdays with my trainer and then try and remember what he showed me and repeat it on Thursdays and Saturdays. I've been seeing him for about 6 weeks now. He's been great. He had to help me balance out first before we could really start working. I have been training in TKD and running for awhile now and had inadvertently started favoring one side. It was making a difference in how flexible I was and in my balance. I'm 51, falling and breaking a hip is not uncommon in women as they get older and this is def.one of my fears.
    Anyway, he has worked me, stretched me, pulled me and pushed me so I'm back to using both sides of my body equally when I train and run. Makes a huge difference in how tired I DON"T feel at the end of the day now.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I hope your treadmill came in! I'm always afraid I'm going to fall when I step on one of those things. That's why I like running outside on the trails. I guess if I had to face weather like you have I would get over my fear of falling a lot faster! Enjoy!

BTW, I'm down a pound from last week! 206.0 to 205.0.!!!! It was hard too! Retained a bunch of water earlier in the week from eating too many high sodium foods and have worked like crazy to get it off- so I'm totally happy with this weeks weigh in!

Way to go on the 1 pound weight loss! Come to think of it we had a very salty dinner last night....that may explain my weight.

I will find out about the treadmill later today. Hopefully it comes it will be here. It snowed yesterday and was very windy. Parts of the state had blizzard conditions. So hopefully it did not delay the shipment.
  • Minerva
    Options
    You guys have such motivation when it comes to exercise! I have been doing a good job (pat on back) with my food choices this week, but my workout time is horrible. I do not do the gym and I will be asking questions about all these things you guys are talking about which I have never heard of before :) But I try to do my best to keep moving. I have my wii fit plus and I know it is not a true workout, but at least I am mobile. I admire you all so much.

I will boast though that I hit over 10,000 steps today! It is the first time since I started counting about a week or so ago. I now park farther away from the building (the cold has hampered this a little) talk the longer route to get to classes (at my first job, at the high school) and during the afternoon (at my second job) I walked around the basketball court/playground about a zillion times today. My time is so limited for a real workout schedule :(

Any suggestions?

It sounds like you are doing everything you can to increase your exercise and watch your food intake. One thing to think about when I look over what all you are accomplishing during your day is, are you sleeping enough? Recently there have been studies showing that even if you are doing everything right with exercise and calories, if you aren't getting enough sleep, it will slow down your weight loss.

Don't know, just thought it might be worth a thought.
  • pbenison
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. My husband was on the evening shift this past week and I stayed up to wait for him. On day shift next week, my sleep pattern should return to normal!
  • pbenison
    Options
    I am home from work today. The cold has closed the schools. Will do my best to work on keeping within calories resisting that Oreo temptation :angry: and getting in that much needed exercise. I have housework that needs to be done, that should help to get me moving...:laugh:

Decided to make homemade vegetable beef soup in the cockpot for supper. Cut the meat lean and am using as many fresh and frozen vegetables as possible to control the sodum.

Take care,

Pam
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    January 1 weight 185.4
    January 8 weight 185

Down .4 not great, but yesterday morning I was at 184 and I had a good day eating so my guess is water retention. Hope every one else has a better weigh in.

Anything is better than nothing. You are doing an amazing job, keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    You are moving and that is the best thing you can do for yourself right now. Don't give yourself a hard time for that. In a couple of weeks your body will start asking for more and then you just need to change things up a little. You can do this, we are all here for you. :bigsmile:

Thanks much JJ. You're quite the cheerleader!

Jan 1 - 196
    Jan 8 - 196

No change, but I really wasn't expecting any...it's only been a week after all. (and a re-starting week at that) I will review my food diary and exercise to see what I can improve for next week.

Exercise for today will be 45 min on the treadmill after work doing the hill workout at level 12, speed 3.2.

Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:

Sherri

Keep up the awesome work!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

That is awesome!!! Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Susibug
    Susibug Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5th workout of the week.....:smile: 30min on the treadmill and 30min free weights(whole body with emphasis on chest). Yesterday was actually more of a brisk walk than a workout but it was 30min of cardio...:smile:

The first week is going well. Exercise - check. Cals - check. :bigsmile:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am in! My sis is getting Married next Oct and I'm a bridesmaid! 8 mths at 5 lbs loss a mth and I will be at goal!

Mini goals:

1. Drink my 8 glass of water
    2. Eat 3 veggies and 2 fruits everyday
    3. Work out at Curves 5 days a week
    4. Long walk every Sunday
    5. Take multi vitamin everyday
    6. Tone, tone, tone
    7. Take a day off every now and then without freaking out or falling off the wagon!

Today is Friday so......

SW: 181 January 2009
    CW: 160 January 2010
    GW: 120 (My Dr says 120, but I would be happy with 130) by Oct 2010
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Can we give our group a name so it is easy to find? (I know some other groups do this example: June starters) I can never find things again, so it would really help me out if new post had the same topic name. We could keep "5 lbs Challenge" but I think we should have a topic/group name to keep it easy to find.

What do you all think?:flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Thanks for starting this group. Can we always find this forum to
    pic in General Diet and Weight Loss Help? I am completing my second week. If I lose 5 lbs a month I should reach my goal by the end of May! Just in time for summer!
    My goals:
    Exerice 5/7 days week
    Eat healthy and think healthy
    Drink my H2O
    Enjoy this journey and the new me!
    STG: 169 by Feb. 1
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Good morning!

Weigh in:

1/1/10: 153.9
    1/8/10: 152.6

I am proud of my self for the self-control I have had this week over food temptations; and with keeping within my caloric intake often. I am also pleased I have begun to increase my steps, I am NOT pleased with the amount of exercise I have put in during the last week. Personal goal: If it is only 15 minutes a day, "Get up and do it!"

I am so glad to be in this group. There is SO much motiviation and support. I feel I have gained new friends. Take care, enjoy your weekend and STAY WARM!

You are doing an amazing job keeping within your calorie range and getting those steps in. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and sooner than later you will be seeing results. Keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I do strength training on Tuesdays with my trainer and then try and remember what he showed me and repeat it on Thursdays and Saturdays. I've been seeing him for about 6 weeks now. He's been great. He had to help me balance out first before we could really start working. I have been training in TKD and running for awhile now and had inadvertently started favoring one side. It was making a difference in how flexible I was and in my balance. I'm 51, falling and breaking a hip is not uncommon in women as they get older and this is def.one of my fears.
    Anyway, he has worked me, stretched me, pulled me and pushed me so I'm back to using both sides of my body equally when I train and run. Makes a huge difference in how tired I DON"T feel at the end of the day now.

See if your trainer will make up a worksheet for you to keep track of your strength training workouts. That will help you and him out in the long run. I use mine faithfully. I can see where I started 10 weeks ago and how I have improved since then.

I am glad that he was able to help you with working both sides more equally. It sounds like you are doing an amazing job, keep it up. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I am home from work today. The cold has closed the schools. Will do my best to work on keeping within calories resisting that Oreo temptation :angry: and getting in that much needed exercise. I have housework that needs to be done, that should help to get me moving...:laugh:

Decided to make homemade vegetable beef soup in the cockpot for supper. Cut the meat lean and am using as many fresh and frozen vegetables as possible to control the sodum.

Take care,

Pam

Get rid of the Oreo's!!! If you are anything like me, I have to eat them until they are gone. They don't last long in my house, that is why I don't buy them anymore. LOL

Housework is definetly a good start for the day. Do you have any other exercise in the mix for the day? I hope you have a fantastic Friday. :bigsmile: