SO SICK OF PROTEIN!!

Options
2»

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If you are introducing weight training, I'd cut back on the cardio - two hours is overkill if you ask me. Let the deficit from eating under TDEE be the bulk of the total deficit and supplement that with weight training and minor cardio. If you are aiming at 1 lb of weight loss per week, and need 2000 to maintain weight, then you can eat 1650 and exercise for a total of 150 calories - preferably moderate to heavy weight training and only a bit of cardio, if necessary.
  • cutekatie
    cutekatie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I normally am between 60 - 120 grams of protein a day. Based on my own experience and what I've read carbs from fruits and vegetables are fine and don't slow your weightloss. It seems to be the bready type of carbs that seem to slow down my weight loss.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Cutiekatie, grains tend to cause one to hold more water. You're still losing, it's just you're adding more water by consuming such foods so it masks progress.
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Eat a freaking potato, will ya! :grumble:

Love this ^^^^^ hahaha.

Lost 44lbs (pregger now so I am up) eating carbs - they aren't the enemy.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Yep. 38lbs in 4 1/2 months. I don't pig out on pasta and bread, but that's really only because of the calories. I don't limit carbs. Never have and don't plan to.