Weight Loss Surgery??

Options
2»

Replies

• stephflo33
    stephflo33 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was scheduled for Bariatric surgery over a year and a half ago. You had to have a BMI of 35 or higher, or if you were between 30 and 34 you could still be approved if you had a weight related condition, like diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. My BMI was at 30, but I have sleep apnea, so they approved it. I called and cancelled the surgery the day before. I though, I am still young and overall healthy. I can do this with a little effort! So, I didn't have the procedue, and lost have lost 35 pounds since. I am still 45 pounds from my goal, but I am so glad I decided to opt out of the surgery!
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a woman who had the lap band and it had some VERY inconvenient and unattractive side effects. I'm sure it didn't help that she didn't change her eating or exercise habits, but she would have to tear up her food before she ate it. She would eat extremely slow and still half the time she would throw up her food because it got stuck in her esophagus (sorry for the TMI!). Once we were on our way to a training session out of state and I didn't pull over fast enough so she threw up in the rental car.
    Like I said, very unpleasant side effects. I'm sure you don't want that to be you!
    Good luck with the 30 day shred! I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it. Keep up the awesome work!!!!
  • PuppyBandit
    Options
    The women who threw up a lot needed to see her doctor, that is not normal for lap band. And it's not a "QUICK FIX"...

People are so judgemental of people who have had weight loss surgery. What does it matter to you?

It's not easy.
    It's not cheating (who am I cheating? you? me?)
    It's not the "easy way out".

It's A WAY OUT and thank god it is out there as an option.

Many "dieters" are just like ex smokers who look down on smokers... It amazes me time and time again.