• jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    dietdiary.jpg

War Eagle!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Its hard...what can I say? If losing weight were really that easy no one would be overweight :smile: One of my biggest trigger foods is crunchy carbs. If you bring a bag of BBQ chips in my house only one of us is going to make it out alive! The only way I have to deal with that is not to have it in the house. If my hubby wants to eat crap..he needs to buy it...and eat it right away and get rid of it. Or else...dont bring it in the house! You can do this!
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Take the questionable food and take it to a secluded area (bathroom with door locked). Then undress to your skivvies and look at yourselfin the mirror and think of where you were, where you are and how that food is going to help you continue where you want to go. How will it add or subtract from your weight. How will you feel afterwards. This works alot for me. I still have 80 lb to drop by next summer and every needless binge puts me that much further behind. Not that I never fall, it just keeps me from jumping so much... :) Keep your head up.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    If you like baking, make them for your husband...take 2 out for yourself and send the rest to work with him! He and his co-workers will love you for it and you won't be tempted! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Good news! I stopped the wagon, you can get back on right now! That crappy food you ate, well it's been and gone. But you haven't eaten crappy food tomorrow, have you? Exactly. So hop oooooon, this wagon isn't gonna leave without you!

^I love this.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it would work for you, but at this point simply try to keep it within your calories. Stop focusing on healthy or unhealthy and get the calories under control first.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I just make very little of these treats whenever I do make them. I make enough for 3 servings, 2 for my husband(who is a sugar junkie) and 1 for me...so I don't feel very bad about having the cake and not being able to eat it and after the first serving, there just isn't enough for me to go for seconds...I also happen to be very nice like that, I generously give up the leftovers :D
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have been sober for over 29 years. So I just have to applied the same mentality toward trigger foods that I did when I stopped drinking. 1 is too many, 1000 isn't enough. I didn't have to stop drinking forever. Just for one day.
    It is not a matter of will power. I call it won't power. "I won't reach for that." :happy:

Don't beat yourself up. Just pick yourself up and follow your plan for one more day. You can do anything for one day. :bigsmile:
    Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment! 29 years sober! Awesome!
  • Bailey543
    Options
    I have NO willpower. ZERO. ZILCH. It's just not in me. So, I don't bring anything into our house that will tempt me. I have lost 50 pounds, but it's not because of amazing willpower. If it's there, I eat it. I had a talk with my husband and told him how important it was for him to help support me and not bring junk food into the house. You may have to do the same.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Dont fret...we all go through this. I had 2 months of eating crap..and gained 5 pounds. You just have to find your mojo..and once you do..you will get back on track....
  • asticoral
    Options
    My roommate drags home all sorts of crap; McD's, pizza, chips/salsa/cheese, mt. dew, plain bagged candy, and purposely shoves it under my nose.

Wow! Your roomate sounds like a b!*ch!

Hence my impending relocation, I can handle just about everything but this and the karaoke has indeed made me throw in the towel, :laugh:
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys.

Hubby is totally on board. He's losing weight and getting fit as well. What sucks is he can still eat brownies or McD's and lose weight and shape up because he hits the gym HARD and is on his feet for 9 hours straight at work.

Howeverrrrrrrrr

I took the advice of one of replies and cut up the brownies, put them in a container and sent them to work with my husband, lol. I'm sure all his work buddies will be happy and now so am I, no temptation left.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have been sober for over 29 years. So I just have to applied the same mentality toward trigger foods that I did when I stopped drinking. 1 is too many, 1000 isn't enough. I didn't have to stop drinking forever. Just for one day.
    It is not a matter of will power. I call it won't power. "I won't reach for that." :happy:

Don't beat yourself up. Just pick yourself up and follow your plan for one more day. You can do anything for one day. :bigsmile:

You rock buddy! Soild advice
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

I like this mentality.
  • caslyn3
    caslyn3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You've lost 27lbs! That's amazing! Try looking at a picture of yourself from 27lbs ago, before you dive into those brownies. Take a big deep breath and think about all the hard work and dedication it took to where you are now. You're not going to let just a few moments of sweet tooth satisfaction turn you back down the path of where you were before. They're just brownies, you've had them before, and you'll have them again. But not now! You're worked too hard to let this be a bump in your road to weight loss. When you hit your goal weight, treat yourself to something guilty and high five yourself. You'll get there, and you'll feel GREAT! Keep it up!

for a minute there i thought you were talking to me! I am going through the same thing minus the brownies.. I just have no motivation to work out right now.. I am staying in my calorie limit, but I feel too tired to work out .. Ugh, the weight was pouring off at the beginning and just slowly stopped!