Addicted to avocados...

Options
13»

Replies

• mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Its literally the BEST vegetable for you, health wise. Research has shown avocado is the most nutritious.

Fit it in your calories, and you're fine.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I love them!! :love:
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Avocados are a seriously amazing food. Like, if food had a cape, an avocado would probably be wearing it.
    Eating even a whole one a day is perfectly healthy. Now maybe if you were eating 3, 4, or 5 a day, I'd say you have to introduce more foods into your diet lol :smile:
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Avocados are also one of my favorite foods.

But, healthy fats are still fats. They can make you fat if you eat too many. Just because it is healthy, doesn't mean you can eat it like it is lettuce. Just track the calories correctly and you'll be fine.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    How funny, I've been craving avocados too and I never really liked them that much. I know I'm not pregnant (I checked), friends think that maybe my body is just craving the good fats and oils that's in them for some reason. :/
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I eat an avocado a day! I'm totally addicted to them too. They keep me from craving other foods that I would rather not eat.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Google it.
    Avocadvos have about 28 grams of fat in them. Which will be for some people most or half their daily intake in fat

One medium sized avocado (100g of the edible portion) has less than 15g of fat...
  • sznnn
    sznnn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am a fan. I love it smooshed on a toasted whole grain mini bagel with a slice of tomato. I can't imagine a for the rest of your life diet without them. :frown:

Also, I love the avocado entry from Thug Kitchen. :laugh: