Can you fold a fitted sheet?

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I'm a weirdo. I fold my sheets into nice packets with the pillowcases in the middle, flat sheet around that, then the fitted sheet folded around that.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I try and try and then get mad and shove it in the closet in a little ball.

^^^^this
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Yep. I like to call my technique 'The Wad'. I simply fold it into a weird shaped ball/square and quickly shove in drawer. ; )
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I do an awesome job at folding fitted sheets. I used to have a problem folding waterbed sheets, I learned to be a master at it, so that makes folding fitted sheets very easy to me.
  • Brengild
    Options
    Learned how when I worked in a laundry room. Not that hard once you learn, but I couldnt begin to attempt to explain it in writing! lol!
  • jennieth
    Options
    A lady at the laundry mat showed me in my early 20's. Total stranger. She was watching me try and came over shaking her head. I went home and taught my mom!! :-)

One of those little tricks I will never forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5k9nWcuFc
  • WendyA1119
    Options
    I attempt it but usually end up with a rolled up looking sheet. LOL In the linen closet it goes as a ball. :)
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Yes I can. If only I could find a job whose requirements were "surf web and fold fitted sheets"....
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    A small trick my mom taught me is get someone else to do it....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    If by "fold" you mean "wad in a ball" then, yes.

^^ This.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Tuck the points of the corners into each other like this: http://youtu.be/_Z5k9nWcuFc

^^
    When I was 18, I was shocked to have to teach a 40 year old man how to do this? awkward! That's what happens when you're raised with a mom who has OCD when it comes to a clean house.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    No one ever clicks my links. They're hilarious, people. HILARIOUS!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm a weirdo. I fold my sheets into nice packets with the pillowcases in the middle, flat sheet around that, then the fitted sheet folded around that.

You'll probably give up that nonsense after you have your baby. At least I hope you do. :noway:
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Martha Stewart taught me how Seriously.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    This may be the biggest reason I'd consider getting re-married.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes I can. My mother was crafty and instilled such knowledge in her children :)
  • goodeater24
    goodeater24 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How funny! I googled this yesterday and found a great video on youtube. I followed the directions and folded all my fitted sheets.
    I'm not perfect by far, but they look a lot better than they did on Wednesday.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yep, and yep I do, otherwise my linen closet would be a mess!
    I fold it in half laid out flat (short end to short end) with the elastic on the inside, turn the top two corners end's corners inside-out and tuck them into the bottom corners, then line up the middle bit so it's straight like a square bit of fabric, and fold from there so it's half the size of a pillowcase. Then I fold the flat sheet to the same size, and put them both tidily into the matching pillowcases, fold it over, and stack it neatly in the linen closet on it's "size" shelf (cot, single, queen, king).

I have five children, a husband, and a frequently used spare bed! Organised isn't an option it's a necessity!
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yes I can, and it looks like a flat sheet. Then I fold the flat sheet and the pillow cases and tuck everything into one pillow case, nice and neat.