Can you fold a fitted sheet?

Options

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    If by "fold" you mean "wad in a ball" then, yes.

This!
  • Shawty_Ro
    Options
    yes, I can actually and the reason why I spend my fri night on mfp talking abt how immaculate I can fold my sheet, is cos I have no life *cries* lol ;)
  • goodeater24
    goodeater24 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is funny. I googled this yesterday and found a great video on youtube, followed the directions and folded all my fitted sheets. My linen closet looks presentable for the first time in years. I didn't do it perfectly at all, but good enough.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Fitted sheets ...pfft... put them through the dryer once and they never fit the bed again.
    Ever been lying there - not moving - and the fitted sheets creeps up off the corner and jumps up over your foot or worse, your face? Seriously scary sheet stories out there! I bet some people could share fitted sheet stories that would make you cry!

Just buy two flat sheets and use one for bottom (tucking corners under) and one for top. Can even do hospital corners if you are feeling frisky.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    No.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    yes roll in a ball and flatten!!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    lmao worst part of folding laundry, if i have a large surface to fold on im good, otherwise its a big messy ball
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Yep, and i also iron them before putting them on the bed. YES, im very OCD and i cant stand wrinkled sheets under me. *shrugs*
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I turn them inside out and then collect the seams from the corners and fold that way. A folding table in the laundry area is a BIG help on this.

This. (or on a bed)
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    I fold my fitted sheets just fine by myself - I don't need help. I'm a woman, hear me roar. ;-)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Tuck the 2 seams into one corner let it naturally fold and then you just proceed from there. I had a friend in high school show me that.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    At a family wedding recently, we were all at one sister's house and she was doing laundry. She brought out the basket of clean clothes and everyone started helping fold. The item I grabbed was the fitted sheet. I folded it, then looked up to see my three sisters staring at me with their jaws open. None of them had ever figured out how to fold sheets. (Our mom didn't do housework- depression.) So I had to teach my three sisters how. Now their linen closets look tidy and they all appreciate it!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Of course. I like clean crisp sheets, excellent quality. Can't sleep without.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend can do it but I can't and don't care to. I do all of the laundry and housework so if he really wants them folded perfectly, he should do it! LMAO!
  • claporte69
    Options
    I'm a weirdo. I fold my sheets into nice packets with the pillowcases in the middle, flat sheet around that, then the fitted sheet folded around that.

I thought I was the only weirdo who did this...my husband still thinks I'm a freak. OCD all the way here. They just gotta be folded neatly.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's something that had never occurred to me - I don't iron any bedlinen and I'm not precise about folding, they get washed, dried, and stacked
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The ONLY reason I know how to properly fold a fitted sheet is because I worked weekends in the laundry room of an assisted living home.
    I'm 5'3" and had to fold them without touching the ground and over half the time the two tables in the room were full of folded linens so there was no place to set the sheet to fold.
    I mastered those sheets. Took me a while but I got it down.

Do I fold them like that still? Well when I take them out of the dryer I do, but when i put them away there's only a limited space so they get shoved into those small spaces :/
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Posting this damn picture is equally as frustrating as folding the damn sheets!!! :explode:

http://lolsheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/How-to-Fold-Fitted-Sheets.jpg
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Nope. Just wad em up and shove them between the folds of the neatly folded flat sheet.