asparagus

Options
angmarie28
angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
how do you cook it? Ive only made it once, wasnt bad but I cooked it to long, it was too soft. I going to give it another shot tomorrow, im thinking of roasting it this time, not sure, so what is your favorite way to make it

Replies

• fuselighter
    fuselighter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Steamed
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Grilled is my favorite. Brush with oil & soy sauce mixed .....mmmmm
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I grill it with olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, lemon,lime and salt and pepper.
  • jrwatson87
    Options
    sauteed with olive oil or you can even put some butter/olive oil on top and microwave it. Top it with cheese?
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Grillings the way to go
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    A little bit of butter (or pam) minced garlic and some onions......saute for about 10-15 minutes!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    grilled..in tin foil...little bit of oil..garlic salt.. nom nom nom! maybe some par cheese after removing from grill! Delish!!
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Grilled is my favorite. Brush with oil & soy sauce mixed .....mmmmm
    thought about grilling also, but I dont want to use the or soy sauce
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    broiler wt lemon juice and black pepper
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Drizzled with olive oil and a little Montreal Steak Seasoning then put it under the broiler for about 10 minutes. Once it comes out, squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it. Perfection!
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Grillings the way to go
    how lont do you grill it for?
  • Rope_Jumper
    Options
    Broil it in the toaster oven. Not to long...
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Toss with olive oil (or spray with Pam Olive Oil spray), a little salt, a little pepper, roast in the oven for a bit. Take em out, top with a little shredded parm and you're good to go.

This also works well with Brussels Sprouts (Fresh, quartered)
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Roasted! Drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt (if you aren't restricting sodium). Roast at 450 until it's bright green and tender yet a little crisp. Make sure you clean it properly. If you don't take enough off of the stem end, it will be tough and nasty. I usually just grab one end in each hand and bend each piece until it snaps. There is a lot of waste that way, but you also won't get that nasty stuff that you can't chew. Enjoy!!!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    400 oven Olive oil salt pepper 15 mins yum
  • Rope_Jumper
    Options
    Raw! Lol

I do actually...
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I steam, or grill - and I also add to recipes that call for beans or broccoli if I don't have them on hand.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I sautee it on medium high heat with garlic and olive oil. When I first put it in, i also add about quarter cup of water and put a cover on the pan for the few first minutes until the stalks turn bright green. Then, I remove the lid and allow the water to boil away so it is just sauteeing in the remaining olive oil. I just sautee it a few minutes to get a nice crust on one side of the spears. Then, I serve in a bowl and garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    sauteed in olive oil over a fairly hot flame so it slightly scorches. yum! I don't grill much, but it is great grilled to. Steamed is good too. NEVER boil it or it turns to mush.