Any Reformed Weight Watchers people?

Options
124»

Replies

• Paullei
    Options
    Losing weight with WW was a battle but with MFP it has been easy and I'm getting results. Somehow counting points didn't register the way counting calories, fat, carbs, fiber, and sodium has on MFP. The database and scanner are awesome. Plus it's FREE!
  • danche67
    Options
    I too have said bye bye to WeightWatchers!!! I hope you have awesome results here on MFP!!!
  • Kellylicious01
    Options
    Just posted this to another thread so excuse the cut and paste.

I lost 130 pounds on WW>

I learned many things on WW. What made it so successful for me is learning that losing weight is more then "eat this, not that". The meetings helped me learn control. I eat for so many reasons. Hunger was usually not my issue. I ate for enjoyment. For celebrations. Out of boredom. When I was tierd. When I was sad. When I was stressed. I could go on and on.

Also, you would never know it since I was once 265 pounds but I am a picky eater. (Junk...namely chocolate, cookies, and ice cream is my downfall). When it comes to good healthy food there is A LOT that I don't like. I could never survive on other diets. I can look at a diet that has 100 meal plans and find maybe 10 meals that would work for me. WW allowed me to chose my own food and make it work. It also helped my to cut down on the junk food and trade off when I wanted to.

I was at goal for almost 2 years (with a 130 pounds lost) but then life spun out of control and I gained 30 pounds back. WW then switched to points plus and it didn't work for me so well anymore. What ever they changed in the formula for calculations changed what macros I was getting in and my weight loss basically became nonexistance. I've been struggling on PP+ for over a year now and not getting anywhere so I switched to MFP. I still do WW meetings, though. It keeps me going each week.

The other thing I dislike about WW is how they basically ignore working out.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend, feel free!
  • rvf21402
    rvf21402 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did WW for five months. I did lose weight so I know that it works but I feel it can be a little too complicated. Needing to check points for everything was time consuming. MFP is a lot easier and the food database has every food imaginable.
  • cmaybeepearson
    cmaybeepearson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I loved the old program, lost a bunch of weight. I got pregnant (twice) and have had difficulty wrapping my head around the new program. I learned a lot of skills in WW, like reading labels, that I continue to use now so I'm happy I did the program. That being said, it's tough to make myself count points again. I get frustrated when I've forgotten my calculator and am not sure of the points. The thing I like about this website so far is that the focus is on tracking, which I think is the most important thing for me. If I have to write down what I eat, I may think twice about the slice of cake. WW encourages tracking, but MFP makes it necessary. I also like that this can be accessed anywhere there is internet and it's free. I hated paying to go to WW when I had already spent so much losing weight the first time.
  • 2011Eileen
    2011Eileen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did ww on line (pp) and lost 69 lbs. The last 2-3 months I hit a plateau and felt bored, with it but did not want to quit when I am almost there. MFP is the answer as it is similar except calories instead of pts, and of course it is free, and the data base is so much more than ww.
    I notice in my time with ww so many would need to return as when not logging of menu, or having the support it makes it difficult to keep it off.

I had thought of using mfp after getting to my ww goal, but then why wait after I tried it and loved it.
  • janbez
    janbez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did WW PP for exactly 100 days. I tracked carefully. I did take off some weight, and developed some good habits. It was a very slow process for me. I finally went to see a nutritionist in hopes that she could help me tweek my plan so I can l accelerate my weight loss. She gave me some good ideas and directed me to MFP. This is an easy to understand tracking tool and the commumity seems caring. I like it.
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I got tired of shelling out and not losing!
  • beths53
    Options
    sorry have to call you on the word reject - way to negative :) unless you mean you rejected WW lol
  • ccbeach06
    Options
    I've been to WW more times than I can count since 1984. I got so used to the points part, thinking I knew what portions looked like I got lazy and didn't track well, so therefore it didn't do much for me the last couple of times. I've been on this a week tomorrow, its easy so far. I'm doing the calorie thing but making a good decisions in the food choices. We'll see tomorrow on the scale. Good luck everyone, stay strong.
  • jackmanion
    jackmanion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did WW points system & lost weight but gained 5 kilos on holidays. I couldn't get back in the swing of it & decided to give MFP a go. It seems to be working at the moment - maybe because it is a new gadget to use but who cares if it works.
  • kaci_2
    Options
    Hi all.

I am also a reformed WW subscriber. Like others I only lost a few pounds with the program and their free foods were not that helpful. I can say I learned to take multivitamins daily, but I prefer counting calories rather than points because long term that is what we use to measure daily food intake.

New to the forums and glad to be here! Add me if you have 100+ lbs to lose we can support each other!