24 lost and CANT see a diff

Options
13»

Replies

• gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think 24 pounds is wonderful, great job!!!! Keep it up and you will see the progression. Like the others have said, make sure you take full body pictures. I have lost 12 pounds and I can't tell any difference either and I am only 4'10" tall. I did take pictures and I still can't see a difference.

Keep at it!!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You have a lot to lose so congrats on your loss already - even if you can't feel / see it. A lot has to do with our brains - we see ourselves as we always were, and because you are losing gradually people get used to the new you. If someone hasn't seen you in a while they might notice. To be honest, most people probably see "you" not your weight anyway!

Comparing clothing / photos / measurements will show a difference, even if gradual - and when it really starts to come off people and you will notice :smile:

I have lost 50+ pounds so far, I am 5 6 1/2" as well. I was about 215 pounds and when I had lost about 10 pounds I was so excited but my friend didn't see anything. However as time went on she did notice. My daughter recently got married and I saw my brothers for first time in ages and they were just blown away at how good I look.

Yesterday my son didn't recognise me - he saw a skinny lady and then realised it was me :laugh:

So hang in there, log consistently and honestly, get some digital scales to weigh your food - don't guess, avoid processed stuff if possible, make good choices, get some exercise, drink water, weigh at the same time each day, preferably first thing when you get up after a bathroom visit :laugh: and it will all happen.

Good luck with the wedding :flowerforyou:

opps edited for typos
  • TattedLiLdiVa
    TattedLiLdiVa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i did , i have scakes to weigh my food, and cups and everything .. its hard ..but im trying like i said earlier .. .i kinda had a slip day .. and i mean like i can so tell when i eat something that im not SUPPOSED to ..or better to say that my body has not had in a while ..lol
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Don't worry about who notices. The scale is not lying, so be proud and keep on doing what you are doing and you will notice the weight eventually for sure. I can see the weight loss in your face from your pictures.

You say it is not a diet but a lifestyle so keep up with the changes and you will have no choice but to see it soon. Be patient and you will see it very soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!