Favorite Cottage Cheese Recipes?

Options
I recently fell in love with cottage cheese and am looking for some recipe suggestions. So far I've just been eating a spoonful on top of whole wheat toast.

Replies

• prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Cantalope filled wtih cottage cheese. Yummy
  • snowstorm12
    Options
    Drained pineapple with cottage cheese on a bed of lettuce is very good.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I like to mix mine with yogurt for a snack, dip cucumber slices in it, dip in pretzels. I actually found a recipe on spark people recipes that blended cottage cheese with milk add an egg, garlic and cooked noodles. A little cheese too. Bake. Yummy! It is very versatile!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Great on a baked potato and very good stirred into scrambled eggs.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My Granny makes this and I tweaked it to make it low fat low cal

1 16 oz tub of cottage cheese (fat free)
    1 tub of cool whip (light)
    1 envolope of your fav. jello flavor (sugar free)
    1 small can of crushed pineapple drained

mixed together and serve;

I love rasberry flav. but my granny always made it with lime flav. and added coconut, pecans and sometimes apple. Its really good

I also mix fat free cottage cheese with ranch dip and use it on all kinds of stuff!
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies with cottage cheese, just replace the yogurt for some extra protein.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I like the plain old salt and pepper on top method...

I also make the "Jello Salad" too -
    however, whatever fruit flavor of Jello you add, add the same type of fruit, bananas don't keep, so on the banana flavor, I add fruit cocktail, and maybe some marachino(sp) cherries if I have kids coming. My favorite is strawberry jello with strawberries added.
  • missykaye1975
    Options
    I warm up frozen blueberries in the microwave with xylitol (a natural, low carb sweetener in place of sugar) sprinkled on top and add to cottage cheese--that is my favorite! (I also add my Udo's oil to this to get my omega's in.)

I also LOVE protein pancakes - 1/2 c. cottage cheese, 1/2 c. oats, 1/2 c. egg whites, 1/8 tsp. baking soda, dash of vanilla. Blend all in blender and cook like regular pancakes. Serve with low cal syrup, or blueberries in their own juice with some xylitol added, in place of syrup.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I also am a cottage cheese lover, buy fat free and have it with any fruit I have around; pinepple, strawberrys the list goes on. I did notice it is high in sodium though.:ohwell:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I love to toss a handful of grape tomatoes into cottage cheese mixed with a tiny bit of ranch dressing for flavor. It is so good. I also add a tiny bit of ranch dressing and use the cottage cheese as salad dressing. That way you get more of the creamy ranch with out all the creamy ranch, ya know what I mean?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese w/ anything! I add it to my oatmeal (makes it creamier, and cools it down after cooking!), I top a baked sweet potato w/ cottage cheese & cinnamon, I eat it w/ fruit and some walnuts... you can really add it to most anything. :happy: I :heart: my cottage cheese! I buy the low-fat from Sam's Club in the 3 pound tub. (it's 80 cals and 2.5g fat for 1/2 cup... can't beat it!)
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I put it in stuff as a substitute for things like sour cream. I put it on burritos, or in soup, bean soup, rice dishes. I like the added flavor it gives dinner, and with low fat, I feel like I'm doing my body better than cheddar cheese with the rest of the family.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese topped with one or more of the following: bacon bits, sunflower seeds or those crunchy lo mein noodles.
    (Yes, usually things found on the salad bar right next to the cottage cheese.)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Great on a baked potato and very good stirred into scrambled eggs.

I've never thought to put it in scrambled eggs, but that would be a great substitute for the shredded cheese I usually add in. Thanks for that idea!!
  • inkaddict
    Options
    I LOVE COTTAGE CHEESE.
    I eat it every single day. I've always loved it even before dieting.
    I dip celery in it. Also you can mix some in with turkey spagetti to simulate ricotta and make it more creamy.
    Hmmm that's about all. I don't get too creative with it.
    Put some salt and pepper in it.
  • thp4496
    Options
    my favorite cottage cheese recipe - any flavor of sugar free jello sprinkled on top. Taste like a dessert.
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    Options
    Do U guys not care about the sodium thats in the cottage cheese .. ??
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Do U guys not care about the sodium thats in the cottage cheese .. ??
    Actually NO I don't because I workout sooo hard most everyday and I am usually dripping wet in sweat , this way I feel that I am replacing some that I lost!!!!
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    Options
    Roger dat !!
  • ericka0712
    Options
    Egg white omlette with cottage cheese in center with chili powder and salt and pepper YUM!