Favorite Cottage Cheese Recipes?

Options

Replies

• Barby28
    Options
    Blend: Cottage cheese (drain most of the liquid beforehand) with low cal sweetener to taste (had to eat cottage cheese everyday while prego-- this helped alot!!) eat plain or use as a dip or spread
  • wannabe
    wannabe Posts: 29
    Options
    mmm stewed tomatoes! im from the south so heat stewed tomatoes so they're hot and then the cold cottage cheese with it, it tastes like lasagna......
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I love it it hot tomatoes also, and in chili to replace sour cream, and in my salad with mixed greens, almonds, and fruit (sliced red grapes, mandaran oranges), or dried cranberries with light Raspberry Vinagrette dressing.

Also use cottaqge cheese 50/50 with ranch dressing to cut the dressing on other salads (mixed with salsa as a dressing), like mixed greens,avacado, onion,yellow pepper, grape tomatoes, sometimes shrimp.

Cottage cheese also will readily take on the flavor of spices, try basil cottage cheese on a salad or in your soup!
  • falloutgal58
    Options
    I make tuna melts with cottage cheese. Mix non-fat cottage with tuna, add pepper and garlic powder to taste. Spread on lowfat bread, Arnold round or light english muffin. Put in 400 degree oven until lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes. Yummy and creamy!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like to mix mine with yogurt for a snack, dip cucumber slices in it, dip in pretzels. I actually found a recipe on spark people recipes that blended cottage cheese with milk add an egg, garlic and cooked noodles. A little cheese too. Bake. Yummy! It is very versatile!

OK, so i can eat cottage cheese in a meal, for example lasagna....but the texture kills me, i cannot eat it on its own or with fruit.... I know that it is very good for you but.....

This recipe you are talking about sounds good.... how long do you bake it for & how high?
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    The great thing about cottage cheese it it's great savory or sweet.
    For sweet, I add Splenda and cinnamon.
    For savory, I add chopped tomatoes and green onions. Yum!
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Bump! Great ideas!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    A WW recipe I have found in the last year is a staple at my house.
    Stuffed Cheesey Shells.
    Take a package of jumbo pasta shells, cook according to package directions.
    Combine 1 cup of FatFree cottage cheese
    and 1 cup low fat ricotta (i like a blue menu one at my RCSS store)
    and salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste.
    Stuff inside shells.
    Cover with pasta sauce of your choice.

This worked out to about one WW point per shell. HTH :)

ps: We also sometimes shred a few ounces of partskim mozza and mix in with the cheese filling or put on top of each shell. Adds calories but also a lot of good taste ;)
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    rice cakes! I bought some caramel flavored rice cakes, put a little cottage cheese on one as a snack it's sooo good.
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    I tried the tuna with cottage cheese today. Yum! I didn't bake it though because I wanted to see if I could make it at work during the week for lunch. No oven there, but toaster and microwave. I toasted a WW english muffin, then mixed the tuna and cottage cheese and microwaved (only need about 15-20 seconds), and spread on the muffin. Really does taste like a tuna melt!
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    *bump*

I am dying to try some of these...the pancakes, the tuna melt, the spinach dip...I better buy the BIG container of cottage cheese!

:love:
  • takoses
    Options
    Top with your favorite salsa for a little change of scene
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    *bump*

I am dying to try some of these...the pancakes, the tuna melt, the spinach dip...I better buy the BIG container of cottage cheese!

:love:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    bump (just finished a breakfast of 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup pumpkin, cinnomen to taste - sooooo good)
  • muggie22
    Options
    I like cottage cheese in my ramen noodles. Just drain the water and add the seasoning and cottage cheese.. The cottage cheese makes it not so salty tasting:)
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with fruit and yogurt.
    Or, mix in chopped tomatoes, cucumber, a tsp of italian dressing, sprinkle onion powder, salt and pepper and a few chopped almonds! A great snack!

And... I found this tuna recipe on sparkrecipes.com
    It's very good!

Ingredients

I can Albacore Tuna
    2/3 cup non-fat Cottage Cheese
    4 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
    1/4 small red onion, chopped finely
    1 stalk celery, chopped finely
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    Splash of lemon juice
    Pinch or two of dill (my pinch is more like a tablespoon!)

Directions
    I found this at http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000224tuna_salad_sandwich.php
    and couldn't be happier! This beats the socks off any and all tuna salads I have ever had. And healthier too! By the way, I make lunches for my whole week of work so I usually triple the recipe and it makes 6 sandwiches.
    (Per a rater's suggestion I changed the ingredients to nonfat cottage cheese because I accidently bought it the second time I made this, and it indeed doesn't taste any different. I have a hard time finding non-fat plain yogurt at the small store I go to but that would make this even healthier!)
    Just throw into a bowl, give it a good mix and ENJOY!

Number of Servings: 2
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Cottage cheese too some of my fav things are:

using it as a dressing with alittle salsa for my salads Always i dont use normal dressing

use it on a baked potato with salt and pepper always!!!

use it in lasagna in place of Ricotta and morning star sausages in the tomato sauce and low fat mozzerella yummy!!!!

use it to dip crackers in yummy!!! any crackers for a yummy snack

use it on chili especially when making a hay stack with vegetarian chili, fritos, lettuce tomatoes cheese and ketchup and cottage cheese DELISH!!!!

We go through like 2 cartons of cottage cheese a week in my family
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    :smile: I love topping cottage cheese with a few avocado and tomato slices
  • bjcalling
    Options
    Do you use old fashioned, slow cook oats, or the quick kind? sounds yummy :o)
  • bjcalling
    Options
    Do you use old fashioned, slow cook oats, or the quick kind? sounds yummy :o)