I lost 60 lbs at age 51, Anyone Can, Any Workout

Options

Replies

• tammyp1
    tammyp1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You have inspired me to work even harder and stay committed. Thanks for the post
  • trinaburk
    trinaburk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    How utterly amazing you look ... Just W.O.W. bump
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • amyjanetx
    amyjanetx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story! You look AMAZING! ...Eat STop Eat...going to look into this...
  • stennis
    stennis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!! Smoking hot and you rock the two piece swim suits. I think I'll get myself arrested in your county.
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    O.M.G......... You look absolutely AMAZING!!!! :flowerforyou: I'm definitely taking your advice on the not eating after 7pm...I have always said NO ONE should eat at least 3 hours before they go to bed.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • kgoble89
    kgoble89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Evasavealot1
    Evasavealot1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Love it
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I love following you!!! I used to lift weights and had an awesome transformation about ten years ago. I believe that I can do this again. My only roadblock is that I cannot do deadlifts or any work with weights in my hands or use any equipment at least for the next six months because of a shoulder injury, longer if I find out only surgery will make it better. I think this kind of makes me feel sorry for myself which leads to not doing any resistance work. When I read your post i thought: I can still eat less. I can do squats. I can do calf raises. I can do step-ups. I still run whenever I have minimal pain in my shoulder. And, I am going to try to do ten minutes on the eliptical at highest resistance, because this is another way to build muscle right? I don't have a stationary bike, but I am going to try this at the gym on Monday.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    " Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You can not make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next. "

Thanks for sharing your story and these words - so true, even beyond weight loss.... day in and day out, what I put into my work and studying (and my body) is what I will get out of it. THANKS!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    " Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You can not make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next. "

Thanks for sharing your story and these words - so true, even beyond weight loss.... day in and day out, what I put into my work and studying (and my body) is what I will get out of it. THANKS!

You are quite right Akv84, this applies to EVERYTHING worthwhile in life. You are a wise young woman. :)
  • tufmom2
    tufmom2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your story sound so much like me, I'm slowly getting there and knowing you did it, I will work harder now. You inspired me to go beyond. One thing I have learned in my live, be HAPPY with yourselves truly makes things easier. You look gorgeous. Talk to you soon .
  • anghigdon
    anghigdon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! What an inspiration you are! Thanks for telling your story.
  • mike4him
    Options
    awesome..I just run 4-5 days a week and lift, do core, cross train occasionally..I know what can happen when you balance your workouts with healthy eating..wow..what an incredible testimony..May the Lord bless you and keep you strong..physically and spiritually!
    Proverbs 3:5-6..www.needhim.org.
  • neederan
    neederan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your story, Thank you for sharing it.
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Wow you look absolutely Incredible. AMAZING =D
  • LisaM_9
    LisaM_9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    VERY Impressive - Great Job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!