STOP EATING AND DRINKING FAT FREE DAIRY! PLEASE READ

Options

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    i serously couldnt even finish reading the entire article, i felt myself wanting to puke!!! Im still convinced that cows milk isnt made for humans so I rarely drink it,but, when I do it is pure 100% raw milk from the dairy down the road from me and I know they are all natural grass fed cows!!! Same for my kids all natural and raw..

That's not really the argument that this site is making though. It's saying that low fat/fat free is bad...oh and it's a website that is promoting butter.

C'mon people...really?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't like milk and couldn't care less what the rest of you drink. But the site is named "butterbeliever.com". Does that really sound like a site from which to gather nutrition advice?
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I don't like milk and couldn't care less what the rest of you drink. But the site is named "butterbeliever.com". Does that really sound like a site from which to gather nutrition advice?

My point exactly. LoL...

It's like smoking. Would you go onto a tobacco/cigarette website expecting to find information on why smoking is terrible for you and you should really start the gum or patches? Like I said. Silly.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I only use milk to wet my cereal...
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    "Today, our school children who have been guinea pigs of the misguided nutritional advice to drink fat-free milk instead of whole milk, certainly aren’t any thinner for it."

But wait Mrs. Obama with all her nutritional health background has removed the option and now only FAT FREE milk can be served...
  • bcattoes
    Options
    "Today, our school children who have been guinea pigs of the misguided nutritional advice to drink fat-free milk instead of whole milk, certainly aren’t any thinner for it."

But wait Mrs. Obama with all her nutritional health background has removed the option and now only FAT FREE milk can be served...

Yeah, that's what is making our kids fat. Skim milk.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    this information made me think smarter about it.:

Millions of women think they’re doing the right thing by using skim milk or fat-free creamer in their coffee, but these dairy products can actually cause weight gain by spiking insulin. Go for full-fat cream instead since dairy fat contains CLA-conjugated linoleic acid, which has been linked to a decrease in stored body fat.

There are some studies that have seen women lose 2-4 pounds a week by making this small change, which also helps prevent afternoon energy dips. Put 2 tablespoons of all-fat cream in your coffee and you’ll actually lower your chance of gaining weight over the course of the year.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    well I like my milk cheese and yoghurt dont have an awful lot of any but I would not enjoy life without them!As a matter of interest I have found if I have about an ounce of cheese around lunch time and a yoghurt Im not craving sugar by 4 pm I wouldnt eat too much cheese but this seems to work and is helping me stay within my calorie limits!
  • StacyLynnBennett
    StacyLynnBennett Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like the fat free organic milk it really taste good not runny watery mess!
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    surprised-gasp.png
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste or texture of whole milk. I feel like I'm trying to swallow a huge snot ball when I drink it. So, fat free (skim) it is!

I buy everything else full fat/regular though. Just don't make me drink the milk! Ahhh!

ditto, I can't stand the texture of full fat milk (since elem. school) .. I prefer fat free milk and I use fat free sour cream (prefer the taste over regular) but cheese I use full fat
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I like milk. I switched to 1% because I was forced to buy it (no skim available in the brand I wanted) and I like it better. To me, since I'm used to skim, 1% is like full fat milk.

I've heard the whole "skim milk makes you fat" theory and I've also heard that dairy is supposed to aid in weight loss however there's nothing conclusive for that statement.

As for cheese? Full fat all the way, although the Cabot 50% cheese is rather good and quite like the full fat stuff.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not going to stop drinking fat free dairy. For one, I hate the consistency of higher fat content in milk. I've tried almond and soy milks and while I don't mind them in hot beverages, either one of them with cereal or to drink while eating something sweet makes me gag. Really. So give me a cookie, I'm reaching for that lovely jug of skim milk in my fridge and no alarmist post (which, really, is one of many about the same subject) is going to make me stop.

This.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste or texture of whole milk. I feel like I'm trying to swallow a huge snot ball when I drink it. So, fat free (skim) it is!

I buy everything else full fat/regular though. Just don't make me drink the milk! Ahhh!

ditto, I can't stand the texture of full fat milk (since elem. school) .. I prefer fat free milk and I use fat free sour cream (prefer the taste over regular) but cheese I use full fat

I use 0% plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream. I used it once on tacos, didn't tell my husband and he didn't know the difference. Now that's all I use when I need to put sour cream on something. I also use it in place of milk when I make Annie's Mac and Cheese. Makes it wicked creamy
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    Options

It's not making them any less fat!! especially when most kids aren't drinking it or eating the "new healthy" menu items at the schools. all it is doing is filling the trash can.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Another thing that's apparently 'bad' for you?

Quite frankly, if we actually listened to ALL the rubbish they spout about everything you could possibly put into your mouth, we would all die of starvation.

I enjoy skimmed milk, whole milk tastes almost like cream to me. And I've lost weight drinking it. End of.
  • MSeel1984
    Options

Hahahahahaha! Yeah. Couldn't be all the junk food and soda they're consuming. It MUST be the SKIM milk...
  • Kryssaxo
    Options
    I will stick with my fat free yogurts, cheese, milks, etc. I've done this my whole life, as have my parents, and surprisingly we are still alive. I'm fairly certain most people eat margarine instead of butter these days as well, as the post so kindly pointed out was bad news bears. Almost EVERYTHING we eat today has something in it to enhance it. Even meat at the store has a chemical spray on it to keep it from turning color. If I worried about every little thing like this article points out, I would have died from starvation decades ago.

I'll stick to my feces infused skim milk, thank you.
  • bcattoes
    Options

It's not making them any less fat!! especially when most kids aren't drinking it or eating the "new healthy" menu items at the schools. all it is doing is filling the trash can.

Well, that would mean less calories eaten which could make them less far, no?

But skim milk in schools is not new. Most have had it for several decades.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    Options

Hahahahahaha! Yeah. Couldn't be all the junk food and soda they're consuming. It MUST be the SKIM milk...

kids can't buy junk food and soda... Parents are the issue not the food and drink offered at school... I would rather my kid drink FULL FAT milk than none at all, but that is just me... oh and I don't let my kids have soda too often or junk food all day either... call me crazy but at some point People need to take the blame not school lunches or milk or mcdonalds etc...