SO SURGERY,,,, would you???

Options
1235»

Replies

• sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I am totally pro surgery to fix something that bothers you that you cannot fix with diet and exercise.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    For vanity purposes if I had the money psh why lie.. *kitten* yes I would lol. I'd excercise as much of I could off and maintain a healthy diet before and after. But I'd surely take any unnecessary fat ffrom my body and stick it in my butt. Ay I'm just saying my personal opinion lol. Do what u think is right noone can make the choice for u
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - as long as you are done with childbearing!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Go for it!! Not everyone can reclaim their muscle tone after having babies and not everyone has wonderful resilient skin that shrinks right back into shape after being stretched. If you are comfortable with the idea and can financially afford it I say go for it and enjoy.

Agree!
  • ferb03
    Options
    Sorry if I seem overly sensitive. As I said, I never had this issue myself. But I know people who do, and it's insulting to tell them to just "do more crunches". I don't think some of you have ever really SEEN a lot of excess skin (most people do not ever show their hanging skin.) If you had ever really SEEN it, you would know it's not something that any workout can repair.

Amen sister. not only can the excess skin be unsightly it can also harbor bacteria and lead to nasty, nasty yeast infections. And if you have ever seen one of those you know what I am talking about. They're painful to look at, nasty to smell and I cannot imagine what they must feel like.
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've had dermasanding and undermininig (needle used to un-criss-cros) to deal with my severe acne scars. Maybe I should have just washed more? Or done sit-ups? That is tantamount to what some people seem to be saying on here: "loose excess skin by doing crunches you lazy sod".** That is a very insensitive statement.

(BTW, I had multiple procedures and also some chemical peels. My doctor wanted to do one more procedure and I said no....I decided I would live with the scars that showed. That was back in 2002-2003.)

I know from that experience that once I make it down to my goal weight, I will probably elect for some surgery. I would do it for ME. I have stretch marks now from all the back and forth weight loss/gaining I have done over the years. I see not a thing wrong with it. I may have some saggy skin too and that I would surely want dealt with.

I have fears I will look less young for my age as I lose weight as the fat goes out of my face...but I probably wouldn't elect for facelifts. I am 44 now though so that may change when I am older, don't know.

I have to say that the people posting on here inspire me. How healthy and strong you look! :smokin:

**I was using some sarcasm to make a point. Excess skin is NOT fat. I had a friend who went from 420 down to 130. She had flaps of skin under her arms and also on her legs you could easily see. They would literally swing around when she walked. She did not elect to have them removed as her husband does not seem to care and she doesn't either. I actually encouraged her to look into the surgery as many insurance companies will cover skin if it is deemed a health hazard.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Its not just fat. Its loose skin and muscle with no elasticity. Surgery is generally the only option.
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Try reverse crunches to tone up a flabby tummy. It's working for me! No one said getting in shape was easy and I personally would rather put in the hard work and effort. Surgery is a lazy persons option in my opinion.

I dont think its fair to say lazy, While I was on maternity leave I was working out daily sometimes up to 3 hrs a day on and off in order to get in shape. I have tried numerous stomch exercises and plans p90x, 30day shred, insanity etc as well as gym workouts which always include abs. I am not denying they have improved definately. I have slight abs in the top of my tummy but the lower is just skin that hangs over, can feel abs behind but have to get rid of the skin first dont i. If i continue to loose weight I will be classed as in a low weight for my height. Opinion is one thing but to say lazy when you dont know the facts is just a pure insult. Thanks anyway
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I seem overly sensitive. As I said, I never had this issue myself. But I know people who do, and it's insulting to tell them to just "do more crunches". I don't think some of you have ever really SEEN a lot of excess skin (most people do not ever show their hanging skin.) If you had ever really SEEN it, you would know it's not something that any workout can repair.

Not over sensitive, thanks. Its nice to hear and see the support. I am not a really vein person in need of 'lookign beautifiul' just the best that I can and I am not looking for a way out I will gladly still workout as I want to continue to work on my definition and to be honest I love it. Some people i feel just read the tittle and made an opinion without reading the post.

(you look fab in pic by the way) I was impressed with my slight curves formed in my arms then saw yours!!