Bikini comparison from a year.... Want opinions please!

Options
Okay so here's a few pics of me in the same bikini from the past year. Starting last August to today. But I really want to know if anyone see's a difference from the one that was taken in June to today. 2 people told me yes and told me I'm being to hard on myself because I'm not feeling it today. So here goes! And I can take the bad as well. Makes me word harder! ;-)

Taken August 20, 2011

08202011.jpg

Taken April 18, 2012

418123.jpg

Taken June 19, 2012

061912.jpg

Taken September 15, 2012

09152012.jpg

Replies

• mercymarque
    Options
    U being too hard on urself. Can totally see a difference. Great job. What does ur workout consist of?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    There's a clear difference! Good work!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    You can totally see the difference :) You look fantastic!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    You look a little leaner to me and more muscle definition in your arms and shoulders.

If you really want to see NSV take full front, side, and back, pictures about once a month. Record your weight and measurements for shoulders, waist, and hips with each. You sometimes won't see any changes in the metrics but you will see subtle differences in your shape, especially in the back view picture.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You can not make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.

The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    your sides are much toner and the upper and lower abs have lifted
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Here's the good and bad.
    Good: I can see improvement in body. A bikini doesn't hide anything so keep it up!
    Bad: bathing suit is still hideous. Lol I'm kidding. It's a personal style and you should wear what you like!

Keep it up!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Honestly maybe a slight difference but I think it almost looks the same, but don't give up! You can do this! Hell you look stunning IMO! Idmkill for your body
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Even your arms looks more toned - be proud of your accomplishment! :o)
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    U being too hard on urself. Can totally see a difference. Great job. What does ur workout consist of?

Through my whole journey of losing 60 lbs I have not had a work out routine. It was all diet. I'm just now starting to work out to tone and firm things up.

Thanks everyone!
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    Okay, so for some of you that have mentioned my arms. I have not worked out. I don't have a membership. I'm a single mom of two kids who works full time and goes to school. But I am starting next week to working out. I did this all on diet. BUT, I took these 2 pics of my arms about a week or two ago.

092012.jpg

0922012.jpg

And don't even ask about my THUNDER THIGHS! HAHA!
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    Honestly maybe a slight difference but I think it almost looks the same, but don't give up! You can do this! Hell you look stunning IMO! Idmkill for your body

Thank you! :) But after taking the pics side by side I can't see a difference from June to now. But I'm kind of glad I did take the pic because I'll be starting to work out on Monday. And I've already taken measurements.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Options
    I see a smaller tummy, a thinner face, and uhm.... slightly smaller breasts. Nice guns and There is no way with that body you could have thunder thighs!!! LOL Great job! You're doing GREAT!
  • I can see a difference. You look great! Congrats!
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    There is a massive diffrence , honestly its amazing. I know how you feel as I am the same with my weight loss I just see the big me lol. I guess it takes time for us to adjust to our new slender selfs lol
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Here's the good and bad.
    Good: I can see improvement in body. A bikini doesn't hide anything so keep it up!
    Bad: bathing suit is still hideous. Lol I'm kidding. It's a personal style and you should wear what you like!

Keep it up!

LOL.. but he's right!

Your lower tummy has lifted quite a bit! I have the "gut" that is starting to hang a bit also.. would love to know how you did it!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I see some major differences. Excellent work!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    There's most def an improvement.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    From last year to now, massive difference! From June to today, not a big difference. Slightly slimmer. You definitely do not look like you're backsliding at all.

Remember, progress slows the closer you get to a healthy weight. To keep progress going, you're going to have to find time to workout (both cardio and weight training), but it sounds like you're already trying to do that from the talk about the gym membership.
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I think that you look great! That is the kind of difference that I want from this year to next!!
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    LOL.. but he's right!

Your lower tummy has lifted quite a bit! I have the "gut" that is starting to hang a bit also.. would love to know how you did it!
    [/quote]

Honestly, I have no clue how I did this. That's my baby pooch as I call it. And I want it to go away and be more flat and more smooth, not so wrinkly. I say to my boyfriend all the time "that's my fat" when he's tickling me or something and he says "no honey that's just your skin". Cute. But, I really want it to go away. I have not worked out. I don't do sit ups or anything. This was all diet. I'm starting to work out Monday at least 3 days a week if I can do more great. At least 30 minutes a day for 3 days a week. I'll be working out at home with my treadmill and workout video's that I have which is a ton of them! And my few dumbbells and free weights.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!