Is weight gain justification for cheating?

Options
2»

Replies

• dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely NO justification for cheating, under ANY circumstances.

If someone is no longer attracted to you to the point of wanting to stray, they no longer genuinely love you & therefore should end your relationship instead of being unfaithful.

Any other excuses are just selfish & wrong.

*this too
  • dadof2boyz
    Options
    This happened a few months ago and I'm past it, now its purely a matter of curiosity. I just want to know if there is any weight ( pun totally intended) to that side of the equasion?

*It's likely that you're not really "past it" as you say, because you're obviously still thinking about the reasons why he would do such a thing.
  • dadof2boyz
    Options
    It is justification...for a douche bag *kitten* hole....A sensible person would sit down tell them they're not attracted to them anymore and work out a solution to resolve it. If the person does not feel like resolving it and prefers to stay that way, then they should leave....far before cheating becomes a factor...I think there are unfortunate circumstances but for the most part I find there's a type of person who cheats...as described in the first part of my post.

*Like*
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    It's kind of a mixed bag.

I can understand where someone who enjoys a moderately attractive lifestyle and has that with his wife for the first year or two of the marriage feels cheated when she stops doing the active things they enjoyed, puts on weight, isn't giving a damn about her appearance, and doesn't want to have sex with him.

BUT. Before you yell.... His first thought should be, "Honey, I have a doctor's appointment for you on Monday at nine am, and I'm taking off work to go with you. " Because it is not fair to blame someone for medical problems. Perhaps she turns out to be depressed, perhaps thyroid problems or adrenal problems.... that's all treatable, if she wants to get better.

But some people don't want to get better. Why, I don't know, but I've seen it happen before. Perhaps they like being the sick one that the relationship revolves around. Perhaps the medical condition is one that doesn't get better. (Like mine....it's hard to walk a lot with screws in your foot.)

At that point, I strongly support a discussion about responsible non-monogamy. True, it may blow up in his face and she'll demand a divorce, but I think in many cases it would solve the tension and let them stay together and enjoy the parts of the relationship that do work well. But she may say no, I'm not opening up our marriage and how dare you ask if I approve of you with another woman!

At that point he either puts up with the situation or gets out.

I have no patience with cheaters who haven't run through all of the above options and gotten stonewalled on every single one. And even when I concede that they may have a point.... I decided a long time ago that I don't sleep with men whose wives don't know about me. Bisexual polyamorous and kinky does not equal indiscriminate.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Cheating is something that can never be justified, no matter the circumstances. If you're not happy,just pack up and leave...smh

Preach.gif
  • RockinBooty89
    Options
    It's kind of a mixed bag.

I can understand where someone who enjoys a moderately attractive lifestyle and has that with his wife for the first year or two of the marriage feels cheated when she stops doing the active things they enjoyed, puts on weight, isn't giving a damn about her appearance, and doesn't want to have sex with him.

BUT. Before you yell.... His first thought should be, "Honey, I have a doctor's appointment for you on Monday at nine am, and I'm taking off work to go with you. " Because it is not fair to blame someone for medical problems. Perhaps she turns out to be depressed, perhaps thyroid problems or adrenal problems.... that's all treatable, if she wants to get better.

But some people don't want to get better. Why, I don't know, but I've seen it happen before. Perhaps they like being the sick one that the relationship revolves around. Perhaps the medical condition is one that doesn't get better. (Like mine....it's hard to walk a lot with screws in your foot.)

At that point, I strongly support a discussion about responsible non-monogamy. True, it may blow up in his face and she'll demand a divorce, but I think in many cases it would solve the tension and let them stay together and enjoy the parts of the relationship that do work well. But she may say no, I'm not opening up our marriage and how dare you ask if I approve of you with another woman!

At that point he either puts up with the situation or gets out.

I have no patience with cheaters who haven't run through all of the above options and gotten stonewalled on every single one. And even when I concede that they may have a point.... I decided a long time ago that I don't sleep with men whose wives don't know about me. Bisexual polyamorous and kinky does not equal indiscriminate.

A. Neither one of us was in great shape when we started dating, and both of us put on about an equal amount of weight at the time he cheated.

B. There was never a refusal in the bedroom on either of our parts. We were having regular sex, a few times a week at least.

C. I was not and am still not a couch potato, I was working a highly stressful desk job, he was unemployed.

These are the facts of the situation.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's such a think like that, I'd call it an excuse, but there's no good reason I'd except for cheating.

I'm sorry, but if someone is unhappy about the relationship they should either try to sort it out or break up. Cheating is just cowardly and gross, and I would never do that to someone I love.
  • deedeehopes
    deedeehopes Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How disgusting. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. If someone cheated on you because they don't like your body, then they don't deserve you in the first place.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    cheating is never justified.
  • RockinBooty89
    Options
    I appreciate everyones input! Although I don't know what to think now, except maybe that I shouldn't have dismissed the notion so carelessly. I personally would and could never cheat, ever, not under any circumstance, its not in my character.