Chat room for people that want it

Options
I've rebuilt the chat room that people can use for MFP (until one is integrated here) if anyone wants it.

it's at http://harehome.no-ip.org/achat

just register then log in, it should bring you to the MFP_chat channel.

be nice to it though, it's not on production quality hardware, I'm hosting it from my home server. If it gets enough use I'll put it on a real one, but for now, this is where it will live.

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    no bumps or nothin? now I'm sad. :cry:
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I love chat rooms! Bump for later when I get home from work :-D
  • bruceinthepit88
    Options
    Chat room sounds like a good idea if moderated properly. We could have ideas exchanged and tips given instantly between users. Might even help in giving that last minute kick of motivation to workout if someone is feeling down on a day. Good thinking.

Bumped for later !
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    bump
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Is it safe? Who has access to passwords etc?
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    no bumps or nothin? now I'm sad. :cry:

This is one downside I've noticed on MFP. The site is so active that threads can travel down and off the first page so quickly that a lot of great info can get missed unless you have the time to go through several pages in each category.
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    bump..just want to make sure its safe also..but great idea! :flowerforyou:
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    oohh *investigates* x
  • 29andfat
    Options
    I've registered - and it's nice to see that there are people in there! Thanks for setting it up!
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Banks, I signed onto the chat room but after about 30 seconds I get bumped out. When I try to sign back in it tells me my username/password are invalid and I have to re-register. Tried it with two different browsers (Chrome and IE) and the same thing keeps happening. Any ideas?
  • 29andfat
    Options
    Banks, I signed onto the chat room but after about 30 seconds I get bumped out. When I try to sign back in it tells me my username/password are invalid and I have to re-register. Tried it with two different browsers (Chrome and IE) and the same thing keeps happening. Any ideas?

This is exactly what's just happened to me twice! Damn. :(
  • SenzEnina
    Options
    Was nice for the 10 seconds before I got booted and then was told my username was invalid lol. Oh well, somethings are just too good to be true.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Is it safe? Who has access to passwords etc?

me and only me basically. It's a server on my network.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

This is exactly what's just happened to me twice! Damn. :(

it's a 30 second timeout. I'm going to change that though. Not sure why it's set to be so fast by default. I hadn't noticed that before because it doesn't do that to admins so it wasn't happening to me.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Was nice for the 10 seconds before I got booted and then was told my username was invalid lol. Oh well, somethings are just too good to be true.

what is your username?
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    found the issue guys, fixing it now. weird one, but should be pretty simple to fix.