Where did the last 11 months with MFP got me to?

Options
123457»

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Night and day difference keep it up
  • crystalkiss
    crystalkiss Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    very nice!!
  • onrush
    Options
    The change is amazing, and I like how you wore the same outfit to show it.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love the smile on your face in the after picture! Well done!
  • NShapeRunning
    NShapeRunning Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look ten years younger!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Wow! U r stunning! Well done u xxx
  • discoqueen73
    Options
    Amazing!! Well done you :)
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and several years younger. Great job!
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the compliments and kind words. I received couple of questions here on the thread and to my inbox on how I achieved this. Really there are many here whom had been my inspiration and guide as well. I am rather slow I would say in comparison to some whom had lost much more in a span of one year. I am building a lifestyle to last a life time. So no pressure please. :flowerforyou:

Therefore many of it I had planned and work it out to suit a life that I can manage for ...err like until I die. As well a life that my son can fit into. I need him to be in this game. So a big no no to fad diets and costly pills and slimming treatment. Just a good pair of shoes and expensive sports bra (everyone has their weakness). Oh HRM, dri fit shirts (I get that when I go for races) and expensive workout pants (i guess some of us has more weaknesses than others).

Sorry I got carried away.

Anyway here how I did;
    1. I gave that final excuse, kissed it good bye and got over it. Everyone has a story.
    2. If I mess up with one meal, I buck up on the next one. It will not be used it as a ticket to screw up the whole week.
    3. Stop self sabotaging. When I fall of the wagon, I take a deep breath and restart. Even its just a 15 minute walk or halving the portion for dinner or skipping supper. I am only answerable to myself.
    4. Yesterday I had McD chocolate sundae because I wanted to and I planned for it. Today I had Indian fried snacks because it was there (damn) and I was stressed over something. Rule 1 refer to no 3. Rule 2 get a kick *kitten* workout to burn the excess calorie. I had a kick *kitten* workout on my cross trainer today even though it was suppose to be my rest day. Too bad. I should had known better.
    5. There are sinful food that I can't deprive myself off. Hence I set a target of a certain distance of running that entitles me for it. Otherwise the nearest I get to it is the smell of it!! :frown: There are sinful food which I had decided to go cold turkey. Salted fish!! It causes water retention and increases my weight by 3 to 4 kilos overnight. So decide which sinful food you want to plan into your lifestyle and which one you just want to go cold turkey. This works for me as I have a problem in controlling the portions. Refer to 6.
    6. There is no bad food (in general). There is only bad food portions. Some need to be taken in minuscule portions like M&Ms (have not met anyone whom can do that) and it still leaves me hungry. Some can be taken in huge amounts like fresh vegetable and keeps me full for long hours. So pick your choice and do the necessary.
    7. I plan things around my workouts. Just like how I plan my week around my working hours. If a party going to stop me from exercising I just choose not to go. Period! Friends just got to understand and respect that. Otherwise its time to allow some to slip away :cry: and fill it up with new ones :bigsmile: .
    8. I find ways to work out around injuries. I know if I don't build on the momentum, the break might get to long. A wise old man or woman I don't know said it takes 30 days to cultivate a good habit but only 3 days to undo it (or something like that). So find ways. There must be something that we can do around common injuries.
    9. I log in everything as much as possible. I am generous on food (higher numbers) and stringent on exercise (lower numbers - better still use HRM).
    10. I am not worried about under eating as I listen to my body. If you are tired. Go for workout. Still feeling tired?? EAT. Generally I feel so much more energetic after working out. Hence if I feel otherwise its likely I had been taking in too little for the last couple of days. If you take a peak at my diary you will know that under eating is definitely not a problem for me. :blushing:
    11. Oh ya make your diary public. It made me more accountable (got to be honest though). Quoting one my MFP friend - Don't worry its not a matter of national interest. So just make it public.
    12. Get your numbers in - BMR, BF and BMI. I use this post as a guide http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 . This is so much better and comprehensive than other guides I had used earlier.
    13. Work the numbers around to suit your lifestyle. My BMR is 1600. I set my MFP settings at 1400. So when I go over I do not panic. I stopped gauging my gains and losses base on what MFP says when I hit the complete button end of the day.
    14. I eat my exercise calories back as my BMR is based on sedentary lifestyle.
    15. I use the weight as guide and do not sweat much over it. Do not let it make or break you. The scale is no more my ultimate tool. I listen to my body.
    My BMI says I am still overweight. When I started I was obese. My bodyfat went down to 35% from 49%. Waist to hip ratio shows low health risk. and Waist to height ratio in 'healthy and attractive range'. Damn 11 months ago I did not even know the existence of these ratios. My resting heart rate went down from 110 to 63. My sizes went from 22 to 12. Actually my shoe size went from 9 to 7 (weird but true). Started with 15 minutes of walking; now I can run a straight 1 hour 20 minutes. So what I am saying is I am not going to beat myself over what my BMI and scale is saying. I am a work in progress. :smile: :happy:

Wow...this is really long. Anyway one thing for sure..you must be really truly madly deeply want this for YOURSELF. Cause you worth it. Period! Otherwise the smallest thing can trigger a fall off the wagon. I read success stories here on MFP and thats really inspirational. I watch plenty of Ironman races on youtube. There is something I would love to do. Just saying you know. :bigsmile:

As I had mentioned before there is no secrets....just getting the act right.
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!