hummus!!!

Ok people I know that hummus is not a new thing but I just tried some for the first time and I'm in love! The kind I got was Tribe brand roasted red pepper hummus and I couldn't stop eating it it was so good. Just thought I'd share in case anyone hadn't tried it and didn't know that they were missing something delicious lol!

Replies

• Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    What are some you all have tried and loved? Also what do you use to dip it with? I used corn chips but thats not the healthiest thing lol
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    mmmmmmm i love hummus; havent had it in too long! im inspired; i think ill buy some! i dip carrots in it :) and grapes hehe im weird. or i get a spoon and eat it plain ^^ oh and pita chips :P
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    I usually get Sabra brand, Supremely Spicy flavor - and I dip my carrots in it :-)
  • ericat18
    ericat18 Posts: 10 Member
    I like the Pita Pals organic roasted red pepper kind that they sell at Costco. I'm sure they probably sell it other places too. Carrot sticks are pretty good in hummus but tortilla chips or pita chips are the yummiest although not healthiest.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    I use it in place of mayo on sandwiches, dip veggies and pita chips.
  • Red peppers and cucumbers are my favorite to dip in hummus! I make it myself and both my hubby and I agree it tastes way better than the store bought stuff!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    I actually love the brand you mentioned and Cedars... but I've turned to making my own... I'm able to control the amount of oil, etc... one of my favorite things to do with it is use as a spread for sandwiches or rollups. One of my fave meals right now:
    Romain Leaves
    spread hummus across
    Add chopped grilled veggies
    Roll up, serve and eat.

DELISH --- filling and the calories can be quite low on this with great protein counts.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    I love the Tribe brand....I love to use it on burgers, etc. in place of mayo! And with celery....oooooo...yummm!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    I always put it in the Joseph's pita pockets
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    I love hummus. I purchased a can of chick peas to make my own but just haven't done it yet. I'm sure it would be yummy spread on my steak that I'm having for dinner tonight.

You can take the can of peas rinse with water and pat dry. Spread out on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil or whatever and sprinkle with whatever flavors you want, garlic, onion, red pepper whatever and bake. Not sure how long, but they should get really hard and crunchy and makes for a yummy snack. I can't wait to try it, just really lazy about it..lol
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    TRISCUTS!
    :D

I love hummus on triscuts...I get Sabra roasted garlic...and I've replaced chip and dip with them. :)
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    I make my own hummus. Canned garbanzo beans..garlic ,olive oil , tahini , lime juice and sprinkle paprika. I buy fresh whole wheat pita bread from the Mediterranean Market. Yum!:smile:
  • karenlw75
    karenlw75 Posts: 30 Member
    I dip pita bread in it or flavoured tortillas
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    i use just about any veggie to dip in.....or wasa or rykrisp crackers.... I use it on my sandwiches n wraps instead of mayo....have you tried Trader Joes reduced guilt spinach n kale dip? its the bomb!!!
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    These ideas sound awesome, definately gonna try them all! I just love to find new things that I like that are good for you! My horizons have been broadened!! :)
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    I like hummus. I like taramasalata even more. I dip in carrot, cucumber, celery, pepper, and warm toasted pita bread.
  • lalalyn12
    lalalyn12 Posts: 80 Member
    Love, love love Hummus, I have been buying the Athenos roasted garlic, I have not tried any of the other flavors, but I would eat mind with the Athenos pita chips, or buy some pita bread spread some hummus on it and sprinkly feta cheese and then broil it in the oven, talking about delicious....
  • Previously I hated it. But recently since I have starting eating it since I have been eating better. I was at Sam's club yesterday and they had it on pretzel chips. I am going to eat it with a Pita Pocket. Have a great day.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    I like Basha (which I think is local to me), especially the extra lemony or garlicky one but the serving size of hummus is something stupid like 2 T instead of something realistic like half a cup! ,:noway:

I'm old fashioned, I dip pita in it.
  • I use it in place of mayo on sandwiches, dip veggies and pita chips.

^^^^ i do this yay