pregnancy 2010

Options

Replies

• LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in with you guys. I'm not sure if/when we'll be trying to get pregnant again, but either way weightloss would be very beneficial for us!

We've gone through a number of infertility treatments (the last one was last month) and we are about at the end of our ropes! We weight has gotten out of control and either way I need to get healthy!

What is everyone's plan to help achieve their goals? I am logging all food on MFP every day, drinking a minimum of 64 oz per day and working out to the Slim in 6 DVD series. I'm aiming for 6 days per week, but I'll be proud of myself after getting in 4 workouts a week!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in with you guys. I'm not sure if/when we'll be trying to get pregnant again, but either way weightloss would be very beneficial for us!

We've gone through a number of infertility treatments (the last one was last month) and we are about at the end of our ropes! We weight has gotten out of control and either way I need to get healthy!

What is everyone's plan to help achieve their goals? I am logging all food on MFP every day, drinking a minimum of 64 oz per day and working out to the Slim in 6 DVD series. I'm aiming for 6 days per week, but I'll be proud of myself after getting in 4 workouts a week!

My first time on MFP I went all out tracking foot and exercise, but then got overwhelmed when I got too busy to track or didn't see the number add up to my hard work SO since I did it for so long last time I have a pretty good idea of the amount of calories are in the foods I usually eat and what my serving sizes should be so this time around I'm going to be better about eating healthy and then mostly concentrate on exercising regularly. I'm doing the couch to 5k and a couple of work out videos, etc. So that's what I'm starting with and we'll see how it goes from there. :-D
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has seen my posts on "150 Healthiest Foods On Earth"? I also have a book on the 150 Healthiest food to for pregnancy (that you may not be eating) I was wondering if anyone would be interested in my posting these regularly?
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    I would - that sounds great. There are probably TONS of things that I'm not eating that I should be.

That sounds like a good plan too. What is couch to 5k? I hear so many people talk about it, but I never know what it is....dvd's?
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has seen my posts on "150 Healthiest Foods On Earth"? I also have a book on the 150 Healthiest food to for pregnancy (that you may not be eating) I was wondering if anyone would be interested in my posting these regularly?

I would love to read the 150 healthiest foods for Pregnancy!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I would - that sounds great. There are probably TONS of things that I'm not eating that I should be.

That sounds like a good plan too. What is couch to 5k? I hear so many people talk about it, but I never know what it is....dvd's?

it's a program that they find online www.coolrunnings.com I believe is the website. It's not dvd's but rather a podcast you listen to to get you started running.
  • 00Angela00
    Options

If you have a ipod touch or an ipod there's also a application called c25k that's AWESOME!!!!!!! for training. Highly recommend it
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    I don't have an ipod - but I did go check out the website. I am currently doing Slim in 6 series. I had done really well with it back over the summer - then got hit with some really bad news/tough times and went back to my comfort zone....FOOD. I am vowing to not do this to myself EVER AGAIN! So here I am now - my highest weight (besides being pregnant) of 172.2 as of January 1. :sad:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I don't have an ipod - but I did go check out the website. I am currently doing Slim in 6 series. I had done really well with it back over the summer - then got hit with some really bad news/tough times and went back to my comfort zone....FOOD. I am vowing to not do this to myself EVER AGAIN! So here I am now - my highest weight (besides being pregnant) of 172.2 as of January 1. :sad:

You know what I find funny? I do the same thing in stressful situations, but then I feel worse ... but when I exercise when I'm emotionally distraught or stressed I feel way better ... but NEVER do it. That's my resolution this year. To work out instead of pig out when I'm upset.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    I second that! I feel exactly as you described, but always head to food for comfort. WTH?!?

So, I'm working until 8 p.m. this evening and hoping *fingers crossed* that I will go home and work out! I can do it! I better do it!

Do you guys want to have a weekly weigh-in or anything else to help keep us on point?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I think that sounds fun. Why don't we both keep each other accountable for tonight?! I have a busy night tonight, but I really want to start the C25K tonight. When should we start our weigh in?
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Okay - I can't promise to sign back on once I get home (after just working a 12 hour day AND working out) - but it's on!

Do you want to weigh in on Wednesday's? I am in another group and that's our weigh in day. It would make it easier for me, but any day would be fine.

I guess that being said we should start with our starting weight. Mine is 172.2 as of New Year's Day and I also posted my beginning pictures on my profile. Let me tell you, it sure helps keep me accountable and not wanting to eat crappy!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Wednesdays work great for me. My starting weight was 160.3 as of 12-28-09. I have starting pictures from awhile ago, so I'll post new pictures since I've gained weigh since then :-(
  • hollyj77
    Options
    I would like to see the list of 150 foods to eat during pregnancy as well. I will watch for it. Thanks!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options

Yes please!
  • jalara
    Options

Yes please!
  • alyson212
    Options
    Hey ladies I would love to join you ,my main reason for losing weight is so I can tcc . I would like to start in june but if i lose it sooner we can start trying sooner!! I put on a lot of extra weight with my first two next time i know i need to eat so much better during the pregnancy. Today i started the 30 day shred and eating 1200. I'll have to take a starting photo in the next few days. Looking forward to joining you ladies on the journey. Alyson212
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Did Week 1 Day 1 of Couch to 5K last night. :-)
  • jalara
    Options
    I'm really scared of doing a "before" photo! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to put it on the internet! Maybe once there's a change large enough to notice..... anyone else in this boat?

Also - starting the weigh ins on Wednesday? So Perhaps every week we could start a new thread on Wednesdays, and keep it going and start again the following Wednesday, instead of adding a ton of pages to the same thread?

Weigh in - ick.

00Angela00 - will you be posting the lists of the best foods for TTC/Pregnancy?
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    I did Slim in 6 - Ramp it Up and Slim & Limber last night.

So weigh in tomorrow it is!

I just had Panera Bread for lunch and it was SOOOO good! I'm still within my calories for the day. Actually - I refuse to go over. All the motivation I need is a few clicks to my before pictures and I'm there! :indifferent:

Do you have any children Angela? I have a daughter. She's almost 6 1/2.