so ready to give up. help

Options
so ready to give up need encouragement

Replies

• kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Don't give up !!! Add some friends get chatting :)
  • tlink67
    tlink67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What's making you feel this why? You can get past it. Talk to someone about the issues/write in a journal.
  • Cathleen77
    Cathleen77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Don'e dare give up! This is a great place to get motivated!! You can do it!! Everyone has ups and downs. I've been doing great for the past 3 weeks and then this past weekend hit me. I had two days of eating sugars, and I couldn't stop! But, I woke up this morning, ready to tackle it again. Give it your best!!! And if you have a bad day or two or three, just get back to it ASAP. Good Luck!
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. There are always going to be good days and bad days. I agree with the advice to add some friends, the encouragement and support could be helpful.
  • JanieL67
    Options
    Never give up. Set your mind to it and believe it!!! Chat with friends old or new for support. We are all here for the same thing. Dont let it get to you. Stay strong and confident. Take it one pound at a time :)
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Start small. Count your calories. Try to eat more healthily. If you're worried about exercise start by walking every day, even if its only a short distance. You can do it!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself what you will gain by giving up. Then ask yourself what you will gain by sticking with it.

And then ask yourself, "What do I want more?"
  • 45taylor
    45taylor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can't give up!! Your doing this for you!! Sometimes progress is slow but well worth the wait. You can so do this!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Don't!! The beginning is the hardest because you're breaking old habits and creating new ones. After a couple months it will be easy peasy! Log every day, whether it's good or bad, and find places where you can make little improvements. Even just changing one thing per week helps to create new habits. You really just need to dig deep right now and remember why you want to lose weight in the first place.

Stick around the boards and don't give up!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    At just about one pound a week, you could be ringing in New Years 2014 at your goal weight, or you could be setting one more resolution to lose weight. Your choice.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Please don't give up! It looks like you joined a year ago yet have no MFP friends or information about yourself. Also, is zero lbs lost correct? I sincerely don't mean to be unkind but I'm honestly wondering if you've started. I'm a 49 year-old and would be happy to be an MFP friend if you'd like! You really have to want this for it to work. All the best to you!
  • StephDuffney
    StephDuffney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Set your self a small weekly reward.

Here is mine

If I get at least 4 work out in a week I get to pick up 2-3 new bottle of nail polish or something around the same price for my scrapbooking.

However The only way i get them is to get my work out in each day no matter what happens.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up! It looks like you joined a year ago yet have no MFP friends or information about yourself. Also, is zero lbs lost correct? I sincerely don't mean to be unkind but I'm honestly wondering if you've started. I'm a 49 year-old and would be happy to be an MFP friend if you'd like! You really have to want this for it to work. All the best to you!

It looks like she joined today, not a year ago?
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My homepage quote: "When you feel like quitting, think about why you started."
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I know you just started this month. 70 pounds will seem like so much when you start. I started with 124 to lose and it was overwhelming. Add some friends, fill out your profile and decide if this is really what you want to do. A friend once told me that when you are ready to lose weight - you will. Seemed stupid at the time (about 10 years ago), but turns out it's true. I am ready now at the age of 54 and I'm am willing to be patient in getting there. I know that I won't lose it all by next month or even Christmas.

I have an awesome group of friends (most of them around my age) who are very supportive! I encourage you to start logging your food every day, every meal, every bite! It will help you stay on track and learn to be honest with yourself!

Good luck with your weight loss. Jan
  • Slimchickinthemaking
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in to see how this all works. Joined the site properly last week and have lost a couple of pounds and feel this time i will succeed if i use the tools! Dont give up!! Support will get you through if you keep coming on here like i intend to do :happy: ps, my profile picture is there to inspire me to get back to where i was and need to be.
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.

The things worth doing in life aren't going to be easy, this is one of those things. If it were easy, everyone would be svelte.

There are other things to give up on, but don't give up on yourself. You should hold yourself in the highest regard, as a person, you are the most important person to yourself. Don't let anyone take that away from you.

Dang, I should really tell myself that more often as well.
  • Slimchickinthemaking
    Options
    Fantastic idea! I will do the same :wink:
  • sjchrist
    Options
    Its nice to now someone had a weekend like mine too... good all week and them mess it up at the weekend
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    These folk have the right idea, hon. This is going to be the most challenging thing you've ever done, but it can be done with continuous motivation and 'a little help from your friends'. You've gonna be fine. And don't get discouraged, okay? I know the constant struggle of starting over... yet again... But it's worth it, and every little bit you do for yourself now is a little less in terms of long term illness and future medical bills (sorry, I'm a nurse with family histories, so that's always in the back of my mind).

Remember, if you wanna get what you never got, you gotta do something you've never done, as Mary Mary says. ::hugs:: You'll be fine ^_^