My 30 day shred experience

Options

Replies

• ClaireMarieBloom
    ClaireMarieBloom Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! 30 Day Shred was my first foray into any real exercise in many many years. I could have written everything you did. Then I went on and did some of her other DVD's but then fell off the wagon for a few months. When I started back up, I went back to 30 DS to get myself back on the wagon again and I still occasionally do Level 3 here and there. But never Level 2. LOL!

Level two is pure evil! LOL

I think I may keep going back to it, too. I was thinking of doing one day of level one, rest day, one day of level two, rest day, one day of level three etc etc
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Claire. You are a true inspiration!!

Nannybear, you are so sweet and I wish you was my mummy and then I'd have Shezlar as my sister too :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Level 1 will seem relatively easy after having gone through it all. I would try a different video and then mix in Level 3 on days when you want to mix it up a little.
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Level 1 will seem relatively easy after having gone through it all. I would try a different video and then mix in Level 3 on days when you want to mix it up a little.

That does sound like a better plan. Thanks, I'll try that :)
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It was all worth it!! And you're stronger. Great job girl
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience. And.... congrats on your determination to persevere!.... and the results that YOU earned! Keep on!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    AWESOME work, Claire! I have 30DS but I haven't started yet! You make me wanna start tonight! Congrats!
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I am going to be on day 3 of level 1 tomorrow, and I'm already getting discouraged by how hard it is! But I know I can do it! (Just not looking forward to level 2.....)
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing transformation!! You should be so proud of yourself :D

I am going on day 5 of Level 2, and I HATED the walk out push-ups, and didn't push myself like I could have. Now I just do them to get them done and move on to the plank twists, which I LOVE! :)

You inspired me to keep going!
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nice work and congrats!
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    It was all worth it!! And you're stronger. Great job girl

It really was. Thanks :)
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience. And.... congrats on your determination to persevere!.... and the results that YOU earned! Keep on!

Thanks you so much. I just realised you're right I did earn it. that makes it feel even better :)
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    AWESOME work, Claire! I have 30DS but I haven't started yet! You make me wanna start tonight! Congrats!

Do it! Do it right now, while it's there at the front of your mind. It's hard work but fun too, and totally worth it all :)
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I am going to be on day 3 of level 1 tomorrow, and I'm already getting discouraged by how hard it is! But I know I can do it! (Just not looking forward to level 2.....)

No, don't get discouraged. It's hard for a reason and you started it for a reason, and those reasons are to get a more svelte shape, and you will!

keep going, it does get easier. It's so surprising how quickly you adapt to the exercises that killed you on day 1. Level two was my least favourite but I know others who preferred it lol

Just keep going.

Remember, stand up and finish what you started. The sense of achievement knowing you did it all, is uplifting x
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! I needed this post as I'm on day 4 of Level 2 and I am getting discouraged! I felt a vast improvemnt over level 1 and I feel like I've gone back to square 1 on level 2! I'll keep at it and pray to God level 2 gets easier!

Congratulations on completing 30DS!
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    THANK YOU! I needed this post as I'm on day 4 of Level 2 and I am getting discouraged! I felt a vast improvemnt over level 1 and I feel like I've gone back to square 1 on level 2! I'll keep at it and pray to God level 2 gets easier!

Congratulations on completing 30DS!

I felt exactly the same way babe. I was overjoyed I had advanced on level one but then level two made me feel like I'd taken ten steps forward and 100 steps back. I think that was one of the many reasons why I cried at the end of level two on just the second day of it.

But I did keep going, and I did adapt and develop, and you will too. Don't despair, you're awesome and remember that x
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I am on Day 12 Level 2 and after I finished the first time, I wanted to cry, the next morning my knees were KILLING ME! I took a rest day and am going for the second time tonight. I got great results with Level 1 so I really want to continue, but the pain is horrible. My arms were dying too, but I am hoping as with Level 1 it gets easier in time!!!
  • sjonathans
    sjonathans Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How did you guys log 30 DS on here? Did you break it up? Put it all in Cardio?
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I am on Day 12 Level 2 and after I finished the first time, I wanted to cry, the next morning my knees were KILLING ME! I took a rest day and am going for the second time tonight. I got great results with Level 1 so I really want to continue, but the pain is horrible. My arms were dying too, but I am hoping as with Level 1 it gets easier in time!!!

Oh I hear ya, babe. Those squats with V raise killed my arms. It took almost until the very end of the ten days on level two for me to complete those babies! Absolute killers.

A rest day does help. Just don't take more than one consecutive as it does get harder to get back into them again. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be brilliant :)
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    How did you guys log 30 DS on here? Did you break it up? Put it all in Cardio?

Hi

Yeah, I added it as Cardio but created my own exercise as MFP didn't it. I created a new one for each level as my HRM gave different calorie burns for each level.