My 30 day shred experience

Options

Replies

• nicolemarie1978
    nicolemarie1978 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!

I'm thinking about breaking this DVD out again and giving it a whirl on top of the other workouts I'm doing!

Congrats :))
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    ClaireMarieBloom Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!

I'm thinking about breaking this DVD out again and giving it a whirl on top of the other workouts I'm doing!

Congrats :))

What other workouts are you doing? I do Zumba, Pilates and jogging. :)
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great post...I have been wanting to do the 30 day shred for month or so. Reading your post makes me want to go out and buy it or burn it...thanks for giving me inspiration!!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    LOL about not being able to squat to go to the toilet! I KNOW that feeling! I am on Day 4 Level 1 and doing it three days a week. I have heard the stories about Level 2 being so much worse than the others and am dreading it, but you say it's arms and I really need the work there most of all.

Congrats to you on your accomplishment! And good luck on your next Jillian adventure.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I am on level 1 day 4 too, and beginning to get used to it despite having to make some serious modifications for back issues. I am seeing a Pilates teacher tomorrow and hopefully she can give me some ab exercises that I can actually do!

Well done you, fantastic results

Btw I log it as circuit training general
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Claire,you truly are an inspiration. I ran out and got the DVD,did level 1 along with my gym workout.I totally get the not being able to squat to go to the bathroom.LOLI wanted to quit,but going to KEEP ON PERSEVERING,thanks to your encouraging words.Way to go on your wt.loss,I wish you all the best!!:)
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Great post...I have been wanting to do the 30 day shred for month or so. Reading your post makes me want to go out and buy it or burn it...thanks for giving me inspiration!!

DO IT!! Go burn it, if you can because on the DVD you can't skip the introduction, and have to listen to the same five minutes everyday, but if you burn it you can just burn the workouts. I've also been told all three levels are available to watch, in full, on youtube.

Good luck and let me know how you get on, because I'm really nosey ;)
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    LOL about not being able to squat to go to the toilet! I KNOW that feeling! I am on Day 4 Level 1 and doing it three days a week. I have heard the stories about Level 2 being so much worse than the others and am dreading it, but you say it's arms and I really need the work there most of all.

Congrats to you on your accomplishment! And good luck on your next Jillian adventure.

It's funny because a friend of mine prefers level two! LOL But I definitely felt it in my arms and mine needed that work. I'm still doing those arm exercises as I have noticed a vast improvement to the shape and strength in my upper and forearms now, so it's all worth the pain.

Thank you for your lovely words, and good luck with your 30 days xx
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I am on level 1 day 4 too, and beginning to get used to it despite having to make some serious modifications for back issues. I am seeing a Pilates teacher tomorrow and hopefully she can give me some ab exercises that I can actually do!

Well done you, fantastic results

Btw I log it as circuit training general

I do Pilates too, and have advanced in that class thanks to the shred. I think they both really compliment each other. Take it at your own level, and you will for sure, see an improvement.

:)
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Claire,you truly are an inspiration. I ran out and got the DVD,did level 1 along with my gym workout.I totally get the not being able to squat to go to the bathroom.LOLI wanted to quit,but going to KEEP ON PERSEVERING,thanks to your encouraging words.Way to go on your wt.loss,I wish you all the best!!:)

Oh thank you so much. That's such a lovely compliment. The bathroom became my nightmare LOL I had to use the side of the tub to help me sit and stand back up! LOL

Thankfully that went away after day four. Then it was arms that screamed everyday! ;)

Do keep going, it is totally worth it, not only for the improvements but for that sense of achievement.

Keep saying it like I did ; Stand up and finish what you started. You will amaze yourself as each day passes.

Please let me know how you got on, I love hearing other peoples success stories xxxx
  • andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ahhhhh 30 Day Shred has been sitting on my desktop for the past two days. I havent stopped running everyday but for some reason it a bit daunting. You may have just given me that extra kick in the bum to take it on tonight! I'm 134, aiming for 125, but mostly I'm concerned with my belly(it's a big softie haha) "Finish what you started" is my new motto!

Thanks so much for that!

Your success is amazing!

xoxo
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have this DVD workout....and have had it for over a year now. The one time I decided I was going to start it, I couldn't find the dvd remote and couldn't get to the play option on the dvd player itself. I think I will go get a new remote this weekend. You have inspired me.
  • RichardAceves
    RichardAceves Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    OK you-all convinced me I am going out to get the 30 day shred. It will be an interesting change.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm downloading this right now, and I'm going to start it this weekend!!

I LOVE your mantra. I may adopt it, if you don't mind!!!
    Stand up and finish what you started!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for sharing your story! how amazing and you must be SO PROUD!! congrats and way to go and YAY! I am 4 days away from finishing it myself (just did day 6 of level 3 today but im going to take a rest day so i'll actually finish Tuesday)...and I can't wait! i've never done any workout video like this that has been SO tough and challenging but that is why i love it (because I hate it! lol). but once i finish it i think it will be a great accomplishment, as that is what it is!

thank you for your story :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    ahhhhh 30 Day Shred has been sitting on my desktop for the past two days. I havent stopped running everyday but for some reason it a bit daunting. You may have just given me that extra kick in the bum to take it on tonight! I'm 134, aiming for 125, but mostly I'm concerned with my belly(it's a big softie haha) "Finish what you started" is my new motto!

Thanks so much for that!

Your success is amazing!

xoxo

It was daunting for me too. I left it a few weeks, and thought about it, and even weighed and measured myself but then chickened out. I eventually thought ;do it, and do it now' and I did! You can do it too, and your softie will be a firmy in no time :)

Thank you for your lovely words. I'm glad my story has helped so many people, including my friends and family x
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    I have this DVD workout....and have had it for over a year now. The one time I decided I was going to start it, I couldn't find the dvd remote and couldn't get to the play option on the dvd player itself. I think I will go get a new remote this weekend. You have inspired me.

LOL Yes, get a new remote but while you're waiting you can use youtube. All three levels are on there and in full, so get those training shoes on, grab those hand weights and get to it! Keep hold of that inspiration :)
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    OK you-all convinced me I am going out to get the 30 day shred. It will be an interesting change.

It helped mix up my workouts, adding new moves and using different muscles. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even those dreaded planks! All I can say is thank goodness she didn't have me doing burpies. I hate those!
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    I'm downloading this right now, and I'm going to start it this weekend!!

I LOVE your mantra. I may adopt it, if you don't mind!!!
    Stand up and finish what you started!

Of course you can use it. It helped me get through every single day. I hope it helps you too :)
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    Options
    Thank you SO much for sharing your story! how amazing and you must be SO PROUD!! congrats and way to go and YAY! I am 4 days away from finishing it myself (just did day 6 of level 3 today but im going to take a rest day so i'll actually finish Tuesday)...and I can't wait! i've never done any workout video like this that has been SO tough and challenging but that is why i love it (because I hate it! lol). but once i finish it i think it will be a great accomplishment, as that is what it is!

thank you for your story :flowerforyou: :heart:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's weird because I do have to remind myself, and when I do, that sense of pride is huge. It's like a drug.

I'd love to hear about your success when you finish on Tuesday. Please let me know how you got on. I love success stories.

Claire x