What's everyone's thoughts on 5 HOUR ENERGY ?

Options

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is a crutch.

You're a crutch!

Sorry... haven't had my coffee yet. :wink:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice any difference after trying it, as with any "energy" drink/food/shot.
  • RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Its coke in a little bottle, so if you like feeling on drugs and coming down and unable to sleep, enjoy!
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily have an issue with caffeine but there are certain energy drinks that I cannot drink because it causes my heart rate to spike and I get PVC's randomly. it can take anywhere from a couple hours later to the next day for me to experience it. For that reason alone I refuse to try 5 hour energy.

I don't know what it is but monster and sugar free rockstar are the only two I can seem to drink without side effects.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I, for one, love it. It makes me feel awake without hyping me up.
  • Kiswinning
    Kiswinning Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I used it on a daily basis for my afternoon slump.

My afternoon slumps came from carbs like pasta or bread so I cut them out in the afternoon and I feel a lot better.
    I don't need the energy drink anymore.

I also incorporated more clean eating and juicing which helps me sleep better.
  • EvaChan83
    Options
    I use them, but for me I have to take sleeping pills at night for insomnia and the side effects are well... Making me super lazy the next day. Sometimes the only thing that can push through that daze is a burst of caffeine. Every so often I use them for the extra kick. Caffeine may not always be the best thing but everyone needs different tools to get what they need done. If you need that extra burst then don't feel guilty, everyone is different.
  • purplekitty13
    Options
    Some handed them out at an after-lunch meeting. I kept it in my desk until I had a really bad night and was a zombie at work and was out of FRS, so I tried it. Yuck, and not sure how well it worked.

I much rather have an FRS drink, or even the chews. It was originally developed to help chemo patients maintain energy levels and tastes a whole lot better.
  • butterflycutie
    Options
    Never tried it. I take a B complex vit and it gives me a lot of energy!
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It tastes absolutely disgusting but it works well for me! However I'm trying to cut caffeine out of my diet.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing. I use it at least 5 x a week because its the only thing that can get me energized enough to work out. My boyfriend and I are contemplating buying the ingredients in the 5 hr and making our own energy concoction at home. Safe?
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    run far, run fast. I too a sip of one, once. I don't know how anyone can take that and I know people who drink SEVERAL in a day. I had to admit that my fatigue was from carrying around so much extra weight and being unfit. I have been exercising for 4 months now and I know for some people the energy came right away but not for me. I was extremely tired and had to force myself to the gym every day. I am now starting to get some energy but I had to win it back. I can't imagine depending on something in a bottle and then trying to win your own energy back on top of that.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Tried it once... Meh.

When I want something post-workout or for an afternoon "jump," I'm more of a Monster Rehab gal. Love the Rojo Red or the Protean (yes, they spell "protein" incorrectly!). The Java Monster Light Vanilla one isn't bad either for those who like iced coffee.
  • megvincent91
    Options
    I think the 5 hour energy is ok, it's not a SUPER boost like an energy drink and it isn't horrible for you. I think it just varies on person to person on how it effects them. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone with any sort of anxiety/heart conditions.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I used to drink coffee daily but I don't take any stimulants anymore.
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    NO!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I just take caffeine pills. A lot cheaper
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    You can get 90 Jet Alert caffeine pills (200 mg each) for $3.75 from Walmart.
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    after workign alot of gas stations and getting to know th guys who deliver it who alot of thm tell the dangers of it more then the good of it as well as consumers who tell more bad then good i have never touched them other then to sell them (I have high blood pressure and was told that they damage the heart and blood pressure)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I love that shi*! It works when I'm super tired.....