Super size me

Options
124»

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I personally don't watch food documentaries or read authors like "skinny *****es"... it's not because I want to throw my head in the sand... because I most definitely know that eating fast food all the time isn't good for you... I just don't like how they (the directors) find the worst of the worst and then use a hyperbole to get their point across.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    People who think the documentary was solely a vehicle to say, "eating fast food every day for 30 days is bad for you", clearly missed the bigger picture.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    People who think the documentary was solely a vehicle to say, "eating fast food every day for 30 days is bad for you", clearly missed the bigger picture.
    What was the bigger picture? Because isn't that exactly what he did to prove whatever point he was going to prove?

If his point was simply that fast food is bad, then he should have eaten it once a week or once a day along with a healthy diet and exercise.
  • _the_feniks_
    Options
    What was the bigger picture? Because isn't that exactly what he did to prove whatever point he was going to prove?

If his point was simply that fast food is bad, then he should have eaten it once a week or once a day along with a healthy diet and exercise.

The bigger picture is the spread of bad-food culture in the U.S. and how incredibly successful they (fast food chains) are at marketing it to us... especially children.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

The bigger picture is the spread of bad-food culture in the U.S. and how incredibly successful they (fast food chains) are at marketing it to us... especially children.
    I still don't see how eating it three times a day for 30 days with a specific agenda makes that point.

When my daughter was little, she liked McDonald's. She got it once a week after dance class as a treat or if we were traveling and didn't have time to stop elsewhere. It was never a huge part of her diet and that was pretty common among everyone I knew with children.

Just because they ask doesn't mean parents have to say yes.

Choosing to eat it every day to make a movie doesn't prove anything like that. It just proves the guy knows how to make money.
  • _the_feniks_
    Options
    Watch it again and this time pay attention to the things that are discussed outside of actually eating McDonald's three times per day.

PS. I never said anything about caving into your, or my, child's wants.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

exactly this ^^