Lets see some muscle chicks (real ones)

Options

Replies

• IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Not there yet but it's where I aim to be. YOU LOOK GREAT!

Let the haters hate!
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    HOLY SH** AMAZING AND i MEAN AMAZING!!! My mouth dropped when I seen these pictures you look incredible
  • hersheyskiss
    Options
    BUMP
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Actually I've seen you post a few times now and to be truthful, you have inpired me to get back to lifting again. Great job!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bumping... for science!
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    Not that I'm really anything great.

Um ... I beg to differ!!!!!!! You look absolutely amazing! What an inspiration!
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    not anything great...I beg to differ...you're phenominal..wow
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!!
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    I've just started to add lifting to my routine, I am nowhere near where I'd like to be but after about 45 days I am seeing results. I started with Ripped in 30 and have moved on to my own routines. Maybe at some point I will have some great before and afters!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew your workout. You look awesome!:bigsmile:
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    can I have body like that please ... worth every penny of $600 id say, well done on your success, you look truly amazing.

I don't have any "after pics" im still very much in the "before" section :), I am only just starting to look into weights as I still have around 1 1/2 stone to lose and I need to drop BF as I'm currently way too high at 29.2% , that is my main focus at the moment :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I for one came to this topic to actually SEE some amazing pics of the women on MFP who have lean, tone, muscles to help inspire me and others. I am new to lifting but I WILL get there and I WILL be posting my before and after pictures then but for now I would love to see how other womens strength training has paid off for them to keep me inspired!!!

To the OP, thank you for starting this post and I hope we see others showing their guns on here as well!!!:happy:

You look AMAZING!!!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew your workout. You look awesome!:bigsmile:

I write about it on my blog here on MFP if you are interested in it... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/californiagirl2012
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're what gorgeous looks like! Wonderful. I always have said that age is just a number. I have 30 year old friends that look like they're 50, so it doesn't matter. It's how you treat your body and your mind that matters.

I'm lifting, and I do not have before and after photos yet because I've only started weight training again about 3 weeks ago.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I'm not a fan of the veins in the last photo but I understand they're under strain...they aren't showing in the photo from a week ago when you were more relaxed.

They don't look quite so defined or noticeable when you're just sitting at work doing nothing so don't think that working out hard will give you this look 24/7. My body fat isn't quite that low but my veins stand out really well when I'm hot or working out/running and my blood pressure is up. Most of the time they're there if you look but not super noticeable.

Getting this lean isn't a requirement for looking awesome but personally I totally appreciate the effort put into that. Honestly I tire of seeing the guy's bodybuilding scene where the only thing promoted is bulk, and size. Most guys at the gym work on getting bigger and bulkier with no attention to detail like this. To me they just look like they're strong and fat. Not my goal at all.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    I have to say, I'm not a fan of the veins in the last photo but I understand they're under strain...they aren't showing in the photo from a week ago when you were more relaxed.

They don't look quite so defined or noticeable when you're just sitting at work doing nothing so don't think that working out hard will give you this look 24/7. My body fat isn't quite that low but my veins stand out really well when I'm hot or working out/running and my blood pressure is up. Most of the time they're there if you look but not super noticeable.

Getting this lean isn't a requirement for looking awesome but personally I totally appreciate the effort put into that. Honestly I tire of seeing the guy's bodybuilding scene where the only thing promoted is bulk, and size. Most guys at the gym work on getting bigger and bulkier with no attention to detail like this. To me they just look like they're strong and fat. Not my goal at all.

I'm actually really small. But the veins are there even when I'm relaxed, just not not as may squiggly ones on the inside of the forearms.
  • californiagirl2012
    Options
    It was not my goal to get these veins but anyone know why we get them when we workout? Here are mine relaxed. The guys seem to like them but I am not sure why. I am not a very big person, I think it might have more to do with being lean?

veins3_zpsf14b3d90.jpg

veins2_zps6736a97e.jpg

veins1_zps5ec8570a.jpg
  • jwolfe0709
    jwolfe0709 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    To the OP:
    You are a phlebotomist's dream :-D

My veins are hidden by 'insulation' at the moment, but I hope to see them one day lol
  • niktherip
    niktherip Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow impressive good working out great results
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    When your muscle get bigger, it needs more blood supply so the veins grow bigger. The smooth muscles surrounding the blood vessels also grow to help control blood flow; the smooth muscles are responsible for contracting and expanding the blood vessels. Also low body fat means the hypodermal layer of the skin is thinner, and the vessel shows more.

You look amazing.