How do I stop being so horrible with my water ?

Options
124»

Replies

• lisadiane41
    Options
    Isn't putting artificial sweeteners in your water not good. It only adds calories. I drink at least 8 bottles of water a day. I keep no soda in the house. I drink no coffee and let me tell you being an ex-coffee drinker that was the hardest habit to kick, but I did and the pounds came off. I don't even drink alcohol. Once you get used to drinking a lot of water I think your body graves it.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    ALSO, if you like technology/games, there are APPS on the Iphone or Blackberry that are for tracking your water intake and they have neat little tips and information on water and what it does for your body. I surprisingly didn't know a lot of those facts and I find it a fun way to get my daily does of water -- also, drinking water with a straw is great, somehow I find it taste better with ice in it and i can drink SO much more water through a straw -- I don't care what my boyfriend or friends say, if it helps it helps. :wink: Good Luck!

PSSSST - Chugging water is NOT good for your system - it shocks your body...
  • kareinlib
    Options
    Buy yourself a water bottle, fill it up, and bring it EVERYWHERE with you. I also had this problem and it's really solved it for me. Don't just put it in your bag - hold it in your hand and take sips and drinks throughout the day. When you're at work or school or home or wherever, if you can't have it in your hand, take it out of your bag and put it on your desk nearby. Eventually it just becomes a muscle memory thing to reach for your water.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    i don't sip water. i chug it. i fill up a glass, down it, then wait until the next time i remember i should drink more.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    To be honest I just chug it down. I have made it a habit instead of drinking because I want something to drink. I find I'm thirsty less.