You won't believe how I've lost weight...

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Glad that worked for you..
    But 8 lbs in 5 months would never keep me motivated to make any sort of change in my life.

Exactly my thoughts.

She only had 17lb to lose in the first place. You really need to put some perspetve on this.

OP: well done for finding something that works for you and that you find more enjoyable.
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    But 8 lbs in 5 months would never keep me motivated to make any sort of change in my life.

I hear ya! I am the same way. I lost 8lobs a month before my wedding 2 years ago and was so disapointed with it.
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

When one becomes leaner and has very little spare body fat to lose, 8 lbs in 5 months is a big deal.

Very true.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Like you, don't enjoy the gym, won't go there unless the weather is so bad that it prevents me from running outdoors I do all my exercises at home, at night, after work, after dinner weights, Nike Training, Yoga, Elliptical, Stepper. Do what works for you! And yes, don't deprive yourself of the food you love, the more you deprive yourself, the more you gorge, and seems like you are managing it well. just change what are bad habits, and you will get closer to your goal! Well done and keep it going!
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Exactly my thoughts.

Wow! Mean Girls return!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

I agree! And I don't think she was rude at all.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Really? Some of you are criticizing her because shes "only" lost 8 lbs? Get over yourselves, if you bothered to look on her profile you would see that she only had 17 lbs total to lose, so she's halfway there. Not only that, the changes she's making are OBVIOUSLY working. Slow and steady weight loss is PROVEN to have better lasting results that quick weight loss any day.
  • littlemermaid1048
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Any weight lose is way better than weight gain....I bet you are more toned, fit into smaller size clothes, and feel great! Keep up the great work! Like the wise people say, "slowly but steadily....it is a lifelong learning process!"
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I agree, 8 lbs in 5 months is great! As long as the trend is down, the length of time shouldn't matter. The goal is to make this do able forever, year in and year out, not do something extreme we can't keep doing, then it all comes back. Argh. I thought your comment was mean.

agreed. good job OP
  • Hermia76
    Options
    Well done OP. If you're happy with this (which I would be) then great.

Why do some people treat weight loss as a competitive sport? If OP were moaning about her own lack of progress after these changes then that would be failure.

It's not about, "who can lose the most the quickest". It's best not to compare ourselves to others.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options

If I lost 8 pounds, I would be verryyyyy lean. Everyone is at different levels.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I lost 'only' 5lbs in five months, yes I also not had much to lose but I'm the same as the OP..I totally mix up my workouts, to me it keeps my body guessing and it's fun!

Congrats on your weight loss!!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

When one becomes leaner and has very little spare body fat to lose, 8 lbs in 5 months is a big deal.

Exactly, I've been working hard for 9 months and have lost NOTHING. so yeah, I'm pretty jealous.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    [/quote]

Exactly, I've been working hard for 9 months and have lost NOTHING. so yeah, I'm pretty jealous.
    [/quote]

Have you measured yourself? Sometimes it's inches lost and not weight?
  • Smuterella
    Options

[/quote]

Have you measured yourself? Sometimes it's inches lost and not weight?
    [/quote]

Sadly no inches either, I think its my birth control, so have changed that and am waiting the 12 months it apparently takes to leave my system. Sigh.

Ah well, patience is a virtue, right?
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    I used to have the injectable contraceptive and I know my weight was a problem with that :indifferent:

Hope you get success soon :smile:
  • kafikool
    Options
    great observation....hard cardio actaully ignites appetite
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Logging in everyday to me is the key. It keeps us on track. Just because you don't go to the gym doesn't mean your not getting some type of work out. It's all about what works for you. Great going
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    great job on finding what workes for you!

8 lbs is fantastic! I have lost 33 lbs in 12 months, eating as much as I wanted (altough not always what I wanted)
    and enjoying my cardio and strenght training
  • Smuterella
    Options
    I used to have the injectable contraceptive and I know my weight was a problem with that :indifferent:

Hope you get success soon :smile:

Yep - thats the one. thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!