All 5'1'' -5'3'' girls Compare weight to pant size

Options

Replies

• jenny442
    jenny442 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 5'2', weigh around 168 and wear an 8 or a 10 depending on brand. Just goes to show we all carry it differently. My goal is to get down to 150 and in a solid 8, not a "forgiving" one.
  • SillyDrusilla
    Options
    5'3, 110 pounds, sz 1
  • CharityC2182
    CharityC2182 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    5'1 107 lbs. Size 0 Short.. 31 years old.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    OK. Here I go on a rant about pant sizes. When I was 20 years old, I weighed about 118 pounds and wore a size 10. Now I am close to 60 years old, weigh 126 pounds and wear a size 6 (comfortably). WTF??? I think the clothing manufacturers have changed the way they size clothing so we all think we wear a smaller size. Sorry, but I don't think 126 pounds for a 5'2" woman is a size 6.
    Not that I'm complaining, but it just seems wrong.

^^^ agree with this Clothing Mfg's have changed the way they size clothing, because when I was 20 years old I weighed 118 lbs and wore a size 7/8 I'm 5'2" and weigh 145 (just about 53 years old) and wear a size 10 comfortably and size 8 tightly (LOL) but at the same time some of the jeans I fit into are not the newer ones so may not be too far off. And looking at some of these comments on here with their weights and what size they fit into definitely makes a difference with body shape because some sound unbelieveable LOL.
  • SillyDrusilla
    Options
    OK. Here I go on a rant about pant sizes. When I was 20 years old, I weighed about 118 pounds and wore a size 10. Now I am close to 60 years old, weigh 126 pounds and wear a size 6 (comfortably). WTF??? I think the clothing manufacturers have changed the way they size clothing so we all think we wear a smaller size. Sorry, but I don't think 126 pounds for a 5'2" woman is a size 6.

^^^ agree with this Clothing Mfg's have changed the way they size clothing, because when I was 20 years old I weighed 118 lbs and wore a size 7/8 I'm 5'2" and weigh 145 (just about 53 years old) and wear a size 10 comfortably and size 8 tightly (LOL) but at the same time some of the jeans I fit into are not the newer ones so may not be too far off. And looking at some of these comments on here with their weights and what size they fit into definitely makes a difference with body shape because some sound unbelieveable LOL.

Could it possibly be the cuts making up the difference? For example, now juniors pants are usually low rise, where as in the past they seem to have been a higher rise, which could have accounted for larger sizing since the pant had to make it over the tummy? I wouldn't doubt if the clothing standards have changed, though.

It would be really awesome if someone could put up sizing charts from the 80s to compare to sizing charts of today!
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3".

CW: 250lbs.

Pants ranging from 18-22 depending on the brand.
    (more 20's than anything)

I'd be happy to fit into a size 14! --Goal pants size!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Could it possibly be the cuts making up the difference? For example, now juniors pants are usually low rise, where as in the past they seem to have been a higher rise, which could have accounted for larger sizing since the pant had to make it over the tummy? I wouldn't doubt if the clothing standards have changed, though.

It would be really awesome if someone could put up sizing charts from the 80s to compare to sizing charts of today!

There are no uniform clothing standards. If you find a line whose cut you like, it's best to keep buying from it. If you find something that fits perfectly, it's a good idea to buy more than one.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    119 pounds
    size 1-3ish
    i wear some size 3's because its what i have, but they dont fit me right anymore. at 114 i wore a 00 and they were falling off. my body is different because where i lost my weight is in different places, i can still wear a 1 but they are tight in the butt and thighs so i dont like to wear them, they make me look fatter then i really am.

i want to be back in my hollister 00 and have them be too big again.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options

There are no uniform clothing standards. If you find a line whose cut you like, it's best to keep buying from it. If you find something that fits perfectly, it's a good idea to buy more than one.

All companies cut their sizes differently. for example hollister cuts their sizes smaller then the average company, i wear a 0 pant size in american eagle, but a 3 in hollister. see the difference?
    if you find a company that makes their jeans in a fit and shape you like its best to keep getting the same things. it wouldnt be wise to assume you're the same fit in every single company's jeans
  • CristinaAnne192
    Options
    I am 116.8lbs and 5'2". I wear a size 2 or 4, depending the store :)
  • Gagirl79
    Gagirl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and currently 163. I just started wearing size 12 again today. I was 176 and wearing a tight size 14 but I'm so happy those days are gone now!! I would like to see those smaller sizes but for the longest time I didn't think it would ever happen. But now I know it will it's just a matter of time and how much hard work I put into it!!
  • ganjafitness
    Options
    5'3
    maybe size 10?
  • ejh805
    ejh805 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm right around 5'2. Weight right now is 123 and I'm fitting into size 8s.
    Got some crazy hips though.

When I started I was wearing size 11 at 150 lbs.

Measurements now are 38.5 chest, 25 in waist, and 38.5 hips.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Womens' clothe sizes are all over the place - designer clothes have what's called 'Vanity Sizing' - so if you normally take a size 10 when you go to JCPenney, in a designer outfit, you will take a 4...........so I take little stock in people saying they are a size whatever - it doesn't really mean anything. I'm 5'2", currently 137, and I fit in designer size 4 stuff, and regular box stores size 8 - 10. Buy what you like and what fits you - don't let sizing dictate!
  • gettingmy_lifeback
    gettingmy_lifeback Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5'3, 110-112lbs and i am a size 0-1. very small hips lol
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3"
    150lbs
    Size 8-10 depending if I suck in all day:wink:
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 5'1.5", 120 lbs and wearing anywhere from a size 6-8 pants (US). The size 6 is a somewhat looser pair than the average size 6.

I own a couple pairs of 7's that were skintight when I tried them on about 5 lbs ago but I was finally able to wear them comfortably this week without feeling like they were painted on.

My goal is 100 lbs and size 3/5 but I'm hoping I can get into my old size fives when I get to 115 and size 3 at 105. I'm very petite, BTW. Small bones, hips, boobs, etc. TMI? :laugh:

EDIT: At my highest weight of 151 lbs, I was wearing size 12's and they were starting to get tight. I refused to buy bigger pants so that 's when I started my weight loss journey.
  • mamawoz
    mamawoz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'3.5" about 185 lbs. I'm somewhere between 12 - 14 (mostly wishful thinking and sucking it in). Don't know about the fancy designer stuff but It might be worth it to spend the extra money to feel good! :)
  • Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5' 0", 159 lbs. 12/13 size pants. Med or large shirts.
  • khillman77
    Options
    5ft 5in size 16, very hippy