What keeps you from eating at night?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I try to find something else to do.. like last night I went in the bedroom and watched movies, or I do crafts or read. If I can keep busy, I usually do ok.
  • JoyceDoerr
    Options
    Instead of eating at night before you go to bed, drink a cup of hot tea and put in a spoon of honey for sweetness (if the sweetness is what you are wanting). There are many flavors of tea that are really good. Just make sure it is decaffeinated and read the labels. I buy different kinds at a tea and spice store, but at the regular grocery you can find some variety. Sleepy-time tea is really good! The tea will help you relax to be able to sleep without eating and the spoon of honey will satisfy the sweet craving but without eating too much junk. You can also get honey straws that will help to not overdue it with the honey.
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Just like many of the messages I have just read, I too enjoy having a glass of wine. But now I see my belly and I feel so frustrated. I figured out a way to "trick" myself psychologically. I tried this trick for the first time (I'll be honest here) last night. I was offered a glass of wine and I knew I was still in the black on my calorie count for the day, but not by much. So what I did was I poured a 2 ounce shot of white wine into a glass and topped it up the rest of the way with diet sparkling grapefruit soda. I didn't know how it was going to taste. Well, when I took a sip I was sooo surprised because it tasted like a sparkling wine, I especially loved the slightly tart taste, just like you get with wine. I sipped on it for the rest of the evening and I logged the 2 ounces of wine and I made my calorie count for the day. My thinking is that the next time maybe I'll only put in 1 ounce of wine. It's still gives me a taste of wine but now with only a fraction of the calories. Good luck everyone and thanks for sharing all of your tips too.