Big Boob Problems

Options

Replies

• still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    When I started running I was wearing a 38E and it totally sucked. You'll have either invest the money in a good sports bra or wear two at one time. I've lost over 30 pounds and am now wearing a 34D or DD depending on the cut of the bra. I've accumulated a couple really good sports bras over the last year but sometimes I still have to wear two. I'm still waiting for my boobs to catch on to the fact that my body is getting smaller. :grumble:
  • dValkyrie
    dValkyrie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wear a normal (no underwire) minimizer bra that hooks in front and a really snug sports bra over that. I hate wires so it was the best solution I could come up with. No jogging or jumping jacks yet, though.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I use a really good sports bra with clasps on the back like a regular bra, my other one I just put and older bra with under wire under the sports bra. And to this day I still hate running lol try the elliptical, less jerky motion. If you can't do sit ups yet do crunches.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm New. Name: Amanda, age 22
    I am about 5'4, 205 lbs, size 15/16 jeans, bra size 38DDD (which could be wrong)

I find it very difficult to do workouts, between running (HA! not happening), situps, and just the constant back pain working out always feel quite painful. I'm looking for advice on the matter. Hopefully my taking weight loss / working out more seriously I can go down a few cup sizes to avoid a future procedure.

Was just wondering if anyone would have any advice, insight on the matter or someone who understands my pain... literally! :ohwell:

Follow my tumblr : http://polkadotbikini2k13.tumblr.com/

Don't take this the wrong way......but your boobs aren't THAT big. I mean they are pretty big.....but lots of women with your size or larger boobs run/workout regularly. IMHO.....buy a better sports bra and get to it. I feel like maybe you are using it as an excuse to not workout or at least not workout as hard.
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Never felt comfortable exercising until I got a proper sports bra fitted :) hopefully losing more weight will reduce my 34G !
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Man -boobs are a problem too. Not enough reasearch is done to help those who suffer.
  • SydneyBristowe
    Options
    echoing the comments about a good sports bra. I wear a Shock Absorber Level 4 sports bra no matter what fitness activity I'm doing and although they are harder to locate in bigger cup sizes with the internet you can find anything!

I'd also like to highlight for those ladies who've managed to drop a few sizes that Oxfam accept bras. A lot of charities are unable to accept bras in clothing donations, but Oxfam do work with them to get them to women living in poverty in places like Africa

https://www.oxfam.org.uk/donate/shops/bra-hunt.html?pscid=ps_ggl_GR_OXInternal_Event_Bra2&gclid=CLi8iLCcv7ICFYTMtAodU3YAYA
  • inkjetcanvas
    Options
    I have seen only very few people who truly have abnormally large boobs for their body size -- usually it's proportionate to the weight you have to lose. That said, it's still hard to workout when everything's jiggling all over the place! Good news is they will shrink along with everything else as you lose. Sometime's they're the first to go, for some they're the last. ;)

I like a snug sports bra with a tighter tanktop with support inside. This gives a double-layer of support without all the hardware skrunched up around my bra-line. You could wear a loose tank over this too if you're self-conscious.

The important thing though is to KEEP MOVING! Find alternative workouts, tons have been mentioned already. It will get better the more you lose!
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It is hard when you have so much weight to lose and running/walking isn't something that we will consider fun but it definitely helps your health. It doesn't have to be advance running. Heck, you can just run a few and walk a few it would help you immensely. I usually use a lot of things as motivation...like negative comments or positive comments I have received from others or when I'm stressed I use that as an exercise motivation. It's a healthy way to take out your anger or stress.

I CAN tell you this....THE FIRST FEW WEEKS is hell when trying to get into a routine but once you get into an exercising routine your body is constantly telling you, "EXERCISE, DAMMIT!" lmao and it's like an alarm clock that is constantly going off in your head.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have an Enell sports bra. I am a 38 H and I run.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    <<<I feel your pain>>
    I have found that using a bicycle, stationary bike, treadmill, or plain walking solved this problem for me...
    I dont like wearing layer over layer over layer... and on a budget the "good" sports bras are just too pricey for me. . I do however own a one size smaller one that I do use when doing my cardio dvds, (but I put a halt on those until I shrink the ole girls some more... just too much pulling at the top of my breasts... still too heavy for all that movement)
    funny thing is my boobs are still huge while the rest of me is shrinking...:noway:
    I have found that the stationary exercises have done wonders for me and while riding the stationary bike or walking the treadmill I use 2 lb. weights and work my arms too...
  • NewMeAT33
    Options
    2 bras and a compression shirt for me!!!
    I would also not run but walk at an incline as well as use the elliptical. I was super aggressive about running and my body/boobs are just not ready for it.

Try swimming!

I would also strongly encourage you to stretch and make sure your neck, back and shoulder muscles are loose before and after you exercise. This has made a huge difference for me.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Running is definitely an option. My Moving Comfort bra is a life saver.

I'm a D/DD cup myself.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    There are lots of good running bras that essentially use compression, wide straps, and good design to solve your problem. They can be expensive but you can just buy one and wear it for workout and change afterwards.

Any sporting good or running shop will have them. Try it on and don't go for looks. Ones that work well for really big busted women are not gorgeous and will make you look way flatter. But they do work.

Don't get stretch straps.

If you get a compression bra, make sure someone's around to help you out of it! I almost called out of work one day because I was so sweaty I couldn't get my bra off. The idea of cutting it off never crossed my mind. :ohwell:
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Nike makes great high impact sports bras. I'm a DD and am often distracted by how fantastic my boobs look when I run :)
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    99 problems and boobs aint one!

I'm a girl and unfortunately I have used this saying haha.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Invest in a good sports bra and work through it! They'll get smaller, and so will the rest of you :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Man -boobs are a problem too. Not enough reasearch is done to help those who suffer.

Ya know, Charlie, you could wear a sports bra and nobody would know. :wink: They're equal opportunity boob holders!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am a 38-40 J. Yes - a "J". However they may be looking more like an "I" these days - so I know there is potential for some shrinkage as I shrink.
    I Zumba, BodyPump and occassionally do Turbo-Kick. You can do it. I am always on the hunt for a good sports bra- and I like all the suggestions in this post!
    However, at my perfect body weight I was still a 36DDD or "F". So while there is potential for shrinkage- it wont get me to a normal size - though I will probably feel like I am flat chested by then.
    Even at 40J I could workout - don't let it stop you.
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Go get fitted for a bra. Being properly fitted is an amazing gift you can give yourself.

Allow me to say this, I'm a 36K, I run. I average about 25 miles a week. If I can run you can too. It's not your bewbs holding you back. That's where your properly fitting bra comes into major play. Also weight training helps your back. A strong back and abs will support your girls.