Big Boob Problems

Options

Replies

• shannonmci
    shannonmci Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I swear by my Enell bra. I am a 42 DDD and run almost every day. A little pricey, but well worth it!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    42DD here-- I just double bag em and run to my hearts content :) invest in a good sports bra (I wear two good sports bras at once, *sigh*).

Don't let the girls stop ya ;-) Unfortunately for me, mine are mostly fibrous so they never really go away. What I wouldn't do for some good old fat boobies
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    40DD and the only thing that works moderately well is to wear a bra, a sports bra, and a tight fitting camisole under a shirt. Back in the day when I danced, a leotard with a sports bra would do the trick!
  • careycm616
    Options
    Start doing some strength training to get your lower back stronger, that's what I did and my lower back problems started to get better.
  • EvaChan83
    Options
    I'm 5'3 with a 36FF chest... Growing up that was one of the primary issues with me and sports. I have had to go out of my way to find a person who knows how to properly fit and measure... Once you know your accurate size finding supportive bras becomes a lot easier. I live an hour south of DC and actually took a trip to a high end boutique up north. Ever since the. It's been a lot easier to find bras that can make it through whatever with me.
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    mine aren't too indredibly big...36DD, but I strap the girls down to the point they can't jiggle even if I try.
  • amycb03
    amycb03 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort's Maia is great for big boobies;) When I started running, I started researching because it was such an uncomfortable situation in my Target Bra. I found the Maia bra at the running store for $60..after falling in love with it- trust me- it has covered underwire so no uniboob, super flattering, compresses, no movement, no strap pain, it has hooks and adjustable straps and it totally awesome. You can find them on Amazon for $30.

Best high-impact sports bra for big boobies, ever.
  • keisha63107
    keisha63107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are going through. I am 5'1 and my boobs are a 48M :(
    jumping jacks and running is far from the equation
  • unkeptwalnut83
    unkeptwalnut83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yes, good bras (I like the Moving Comfort Juno, and Helena) and special care for your back. I've found working on core strength to be super beneficial, but make sure it's balanced (front and back) and I avoid crunches. I don't need to teach my abdominal and chest muscles to be shorter.
    But, i'm a 40DDD, up from a 38B at my smallest, so it's a big adjustment to get active again from that. Good luck!
  • HeatherSLosinIt
    HeatherSLosinIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm New. Name: Amanda, age 22
    I am about 5'4, 205 lbs, size 15/16 jeans, bra size 38DDD (which could be wrong)

I find it very difficult to do workouts, between running (HA! not happening), situps, and just the constant back pain working out always feel quite painful. I'm looking for advice on the matter. Hopefully my taking weight loss / working out more seriously I can go down a few cup sizes to avoid a future procedure.

Was just wondering if anyone would have any advice, insight on the matter or someone who understands my pain... literally! :ohwell:

Follow my tumblr : http://polkadotbikini2k13.tumblr.com/

You should check into some alternate sizes. I was wearing a 36DDD for a LONG time, but then went onto a site with actual measurements, took mine, and found that I am actually a 36F, which I had to order bras, but they FIT so good!! I don't flop around, my back doesn't hurt so much, and I feel really good after getting them.
  • jpriestap
    jpriestap Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the replies. But been there! I strongly suggest finding a good bra specialty store that will fit you properly. I went in with a 38 DDD came out with a 42H. Although the size was bigger it fit so much better and had so much more support. Even riding my horse didn't give me problems. So much better for your back wearing the right size as well. If you get fitted properly you will be amazed at the difference. I even look smaller wearing the proper size.
    Good luck!!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Go to a major department store and get truly fitted. NOT Victoria's Secret. Nordstroms or Macy's or a place like that.

I started at 34E at 147lbs and am now a 32DDD at 118lbs. So you may not lose much boobage which means investing in a good bra is critical.

Moving Comfort, Enell and my personal favorite Freya, all come highly recommended but get fitted first and try them on if you can to see which you might like best (at the department store if they have them).

They will be expensive but they will save you so much in other ways! :D
  • t1nyvessels
    Options
    Like everyone else said a good, sturdy sports bra helps :) I had the same problem and was ready to get surgery, but it's amazing how much my boobs have already shrunk, and I still have 30 lbs to lose! I've already lost 3-4 inches in my bust! Keep going, you'll get there :) Maybe incorporate more strength training so you don't have to do as much cardio, and when you do cardio you can limit yourself to the elliptical/bike/less bouncy activities the majority of the week.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Agreeing on a good sports bra. The Ultimate Sports Bra by Lane Bryant has helped me in the past. I haven't tired anything high impact though... mostly walking!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Yep, get a GOOD FITTING sports bra. Maybe a compression shirt too. Strap them girls down.

No/limited jiggle group exercise:
    Yoga
    Pilates
    Spinning

No/limited jiggle self exercise:
    Swimming*
    Cycling
    Stationary bike
    Incline treadmill
    Elliptical trainer
    Lifting weights/Weight Machines

*Swimming has been considered by some to be an excellent boob shrinker.
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am loving all the sports bra suggestions here! I usually wear 2 so I don't give myself black eyes and/or concussions whilst working out. ;) Going big-boob sports bra shopping this weekend! Thank you.
  • StephDuffney
    StephDuffney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I get a sports bra about 2 size to small and then my work out tank is one size smaller no bounces.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber saved me a lot of pain and discomfort when I started running. They do different levels of support depending on your size and the level of activity you'll be doing. I wouldn't be without mine now.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Posture is a BIG thing also. If you have good posture you don't jiggle as much. Stand up straight, shoulders back and keep your core engaged. If you flop all over when you go down stairs practice more. I'm 38G and don't bounce any more in my normal bra than I have seen from the 'sports bra' runners who pass by me with smaller boobs! Good posture also will help with back pain ;)
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same problem, 38F on a 5'2 frame, it was horrible. I wore 2-3 bras when exercising. I would try to hold them down. I tried it all. I had a breast reduction about 9 months ago and I havent looked back! Now I can run and jump and enjoy life without the pain and frustration of being weighed down. I went from a 38F to a 38C and feel amazing!