Expats and foreign nationals :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    From San Diego living in the UK. Feel free to add. :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Brit expat living in Milwaukee, WI here.
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am Irish born and raised. I have lived in the US (NY) for the last 18 years. I have both Irish and American citizenship. I guess because I have been in the US for so long I have a bit of an identity crisis (or maybe identity confusion) - I feel more American when I am in Ireland and more Irish when I am in the States.
  • MacDHH
    MacDHH Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from Miami, FL, and as of 6 months ago, am living in Hamburg, Germany. Before Hamburg, we were in London, and in Paris before that (it's been a crazy few years!). I miss London terribly, but quality of life here in Germany is really great (especially with kids). Not looking forward to the winter, though...good thing I am going back home for a few weeks in January :)
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm from Poland, but been living in the US since 1996.
  • MacDHH
    MacDHH Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of an identity crisis (or maybe identity confusion) - I feel more American when I am in Ireland and more Irish when I am in the States.

I feel the same way! Here, I compare things to back home (or to one of the other places I felt at home in), and then when I go back home, I start to miss things from here. It's odd, no?
  • kissmisskate
    kissmisskate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Born on Vancouver Island, Canada and currently living in North Georgia, USA. I like the south but boy do I miss home!