Options
124»

Replies

• Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sugar does not affect ADHD.
    TV told me.

It's weird that when my kid has sugar she cannot sit still, cannot focus, cannot follow through with projects and cannot have a conversation without her foot tapping up and down/whole body twitching a little.

I tracked sugars for a while, but TBH I love fruit. I need something, lol. I don't let my child eat too much sugar BUT I do let her have snacks which are sugary... Snickers for breakfast? Ew. I don't get when people eat non breakfast food for breakfast. It messes with my OCD. ;)
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Sugar does not affect ADHD.
    TV told me.

It's weird that when my kid has sugar she cannot sit still, cannot focus, cannot follow through with projects and cannot have a conversation without her foot tapping up and down/whole body twitching a little.

I tracked sugars for a while, but TBH I love fruit. I need something, lol. I don't let my child eat too much sugar BUT I do let her have snacks which are sugary... Snickers for breakfast? Ew. I don't get when people eat non breakfast food for breakfast. It messes with my OCD. ;)

Nuts are more satisfying to cure sugar craving. And seriously, "cannot sit still, cannot focus, cannot follow through with projects and cannot have a conversation without her foot tapping" is a real problem. Inside your daughter she is trying to cope with the toxicity of sugar intoxication and she is doing everything she can to burn it off but until that blood sugar level gets to a tolerable level she will be like this. And if this is happening at school, this is going to cause all sorts of lessons being missed or misunderstood.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound like a jerk but it sounds like your whole family needs to be re-evaluated by a new psychiatrist regarding ADHD. Natural sugars from fruit should not be causing those types of symptoms unless your entire family has some severe glucose sensitivities.

Imagine if your blood sugar peaked easily and sharply and your insulin was a little slow to push that glucose to organs, muscles, and your brain. so you stayed there for a while (but eventually came down). And when the blood sugar peaks, it wrecks havoc on ALL of your senses causing you to see/hear/smell/taste/touch things that most people can't (or rather shouldn't be) conscious of like the humming of bulbs and stuff and sudden movements in the corners of your eye.

As a person with a hypersensitive temperament (in every use of the word), I do what I can to keep the hyperactivity at bay knowing how destructive that can be. When not intoxicated with too much sugar, my body uses it's senses more than I'd like it to but I am very alert and can do things at a much more concentrated rate and "in tune" fashion than I'd say most people can. But when I'm on an extreme sugar high, I get double vision and it messes with my senses and causes my senses to feel impaired just like alcohol would. It's hard to explain really.

That sounds familiar... I list it on my resume as "attention to detail". :laugh:
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound like a jerk but it sounds like your whole family needs to be re-evaluated by a new psychiatrist regarding ADHD. Natural sugars from fruit should not be causing those types of symptoms unless your entire family has some severe glucose sensitivities.

Imagine if your blood sugar peaked easily and sharply and your insulin was a little slow to push that glucose to organs, muscles, and your brain. so you stayed there for a while (but eventually came down). And when the blood sugar peaks, it wrecks havoc on ALL of your senses causing you to see/hear/smell/taste/touch things that most people can't (or rather shouldn't be) conscious of like the humming of bulbs and stuff and sudden movements in the corners of your eye.

As a person with a hypersensitive temperament (in every use of the word), I do what I can to keep the hyperactivity at bay knowing how destructive that can be. When not intoxicated with too much sugar, my body uses it's senses more than I'd like it to but I am very alert and can do things at a much more concentrated rate and "in tune" fashion than I'd say most people can. But when I'm on an extreme sugar high, I get double vision and it messes with my senses and causes my senses to feel impaired just like alcohol would. It's hard to explain really.

That sounds familiar... I list it on my resume as "attention to detail". :laugh:

LOL, yeah I guess that would work but it's inconsistent if you don't know how to control your triggers. I go from hyper-sensing to hypo-sensing during a sugar attack.